Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aufan

All,

Its been many many years since I have done Bahamas trips...and when I did it was 135.
Leaving from the SE in a turbine a/c, is a life raft required (going to MYNN)? We have vests but I read it as required raft for turbo-jet (because more than 100 mile leg over water).

I am registering with eAPIS. I know about the hour notification coming back.
Still have to clear at nearest point back in?
How is fees paid in Bahamas for customs/immigration? Have to have cash? How much?

Anything else anyone can think of

Appreciated!

Odyssey (FBO) at MYNN will handle customs and immigration there. Think they put on credit card with other charges. If your're going to use US customs at KFPR you can stop outbound and rent a raft.

Odyssey (FBO) at MYNN will handle customs and immigration there. Think they put on credit card with other charges. If your're going to use US customs at KFPR you can stop outbound and rent a raft.

KFPR to MYNN doesn't put you far enough from land to require a raft.

Don't make this hard, it is an easy trip and everyone speaks English. Eapis on fltplan.com is all you need in and out. Some of the islands like a intl flight plan on paper for the tower which you can print off from fltplan.com and give to the FBO handler. Be sure to call the FBO in Nassau and they will help with everything coming in including all handling. YOU DO NOT NEED INTL TRIP PLANNING FOR THIS! Coming back into the states make sure to call the custom agent you are coming to at least 2 hours before you get there with your inbound notification. I always carry a raft, you may get a short cut over more water. If you rent a raft from anyone you don't want to have to mail it back. Hazmat is expensive and rafts are hazmat. If your gonna be flying to the Bahamas much look into getting an overflight permit so you don't have to go thru customs in south Florida. Much better and easier to KCHS or KILM. I have even used KMGM and KBHM. As far as tips, you do need to tip but nothing crazy, $10 line $20 handler at FBO. If I am off on anything please anyone chime in and correct me. Good luck and have fun.

Great info

Returning...Still required to clear at closest P.O.E coming into FL? I.E..You allowed to clear in MCO if you are acyually coming onto coast around MLB?

Also, What Customs are open on Sunday?

Thanks

FltPlan.com airport info has all you need to know about customs on that specific airport including days, times and phone numbers.

You don't have to stop at THE first POE but I would not overfly too many. Ex: coming in from central am I don't stop in Key West FL and would overfly Miami to land and clear in FLL.

Latest resources

Back