• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trip To Nassau

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand you have to notify US customs but do you have to notify Bahamas customs directly regarding arrival?

No, call the FBO and they will handle everything for you. They will meet you at the plane and walk your passengers in. When you call the FBO about your inbound have all you passenger information with you to give to them. You can even fax them a 178 form or Intl manifest printed from FltPlan.com and that will have everything they need.

Be sure to Notify US Customs at the office you are going to AT LEAST 2 hours before arriving and you don't have to update them unless you are going to be 1 hour off your time.

Yes it does but when they offer you a short cut, and do sometimes (I have had it often) that can save you 20+ min on a jet, but you have to say negative because you don't have a raft (and they will ask if you can do it) it pays to have the raft.

If you want to go Island hopping on a Navajo on a clear day with out a raft thats one thing, Fly all the way down FL then shoot over. If your flying a turbo jet/prop from anywhere north of FL and going to the Islands and the owner doesn't want to spring for a raft, look for another job. If the Captain/PIC is afraid to ask for a raft when going to the Islands, then.............(Don't want to start anything ugly). How many times have you gotten to the Islands to shoot the approach (not thinking it was low!!! just a scattered layer) and had to go missed. ATIS, ASOS,AWOS if anything...Not so reliable. Solid almost all the way back to the States. Always CYA!!!!!!! I see it all the time, Corporate operators (flt dept) penny pinching on safety trying to look good. I will promise you the owners do not want to hear this.

Latest resources

Back