Travolta is new Qantas First Officer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My new strategy

Well then that settles it, forget going to college and getting a degree in Aeronautics. I'm going to spend that money a on a nice set of golf clubs and some acting lessons.

Re: No 707 Type Rating

Falcon Capt said:
It is interesting that Travolta does not hold a B707 Type Rating...

Also surprised that a guy with his love for aviation hasn't gone on to aquire at least his Commercial Pilot Certificate if not his ATP... I know for what he is doing he doesn't need it, BUT you think he would get them just to prove to himself he can get them...

JOHN JOSEPH TRAVOLTA
15821 VENTURA BLVD STE 460
ENCINO, CALIFORNIA
County LOS ANGELES 91436-4778
UNITED STATES

Medical Class : First Medical Date: 07/2001

DOI : 03/27/1992
Certificate: PRIVATE PILOT

Rating(s):

PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Type Ratings
P/CE-500 P/G-1159 P/HS-125 P/LR-JET

Limits
CE-500 (VFR ONLY).

It just occurred to me.

Imagine what those Eurowennies must do when they ramp check him in ohhhhhh… say Paris, Cannes or how about Luton?

Wonder how many of’em have scratched their heads and looked at all that ink on a “meager” PPL? If it were not JT himself I’d suspect a lot of delay as they validated those types et al… with the good folks in OKC.

Just my 2.752854 cents

TMMT

:D :D

I have been told that the database that is online can be upto six months old. I know that my most recent stuff isn't on there yet.

Arnold Palmer does indeed fly a Citation X. It was the first, or one of the first, production aircraft off of the line.

I met him and spoke with him very briefly at our hotel in Wichita one morning. We were going to O'Hare and he was hitting the sim.

Buffett has or had (last time I checked) a very nice collection of planes that if I were to have a "collection" I would like his:

Falcon
Citation
Hu-16 Albatross
Caravan on Floats
A36TC

I think he got rid of the Falcon and I think he had an acro plane for a while too.

Here is a link to pics of the Hu-16 for anyone interested. One of my favorite planes and what I wouldn't do to have one for myself.

http://www.lpba.org/jb2000.html

Albatross

I agree with Aero99 or, for that matter, a Goose, Widgeon or other Grumman amphib. I'd bet that flying for Chalks is a kick.

Well either Buffet knows someone with a Stearman or he has one himself. Remember the story about him taking a runway sign out.

Falcon Capt

Falcon Capt, What database gives you all the info on Travolta and the planes he has ratings in?

Latest resources

Back