• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travolta is new Qantas First Officer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i don't know who's got it better; jimmy buffet, john travolta or richard branson ?

Harrison Ford's got it pretty good too...

Ford owns a Beaver. I'll take a Beaver over a 707 anyday.

I had the honour of seeing Harrison Fords Beaver personally, it was built, err rebuilt at Kenmore Air Harbour, I beleive. The only original part is the serial number plate. :)

As for Mr. Travolta, I think it's great. From what I gather he loves aviation more than half of you guys on this board put to gether, :D

As for his acting career and flying, I think it was "Look Who's Talking Two" he is a corprite pilot.

You'd be very surprised how many celebrities are pilots awswell.

I know an ex-NHLer that flies for Air Canada.

Anyways PFT bad yada, yada, yada.

Celebrity pilots

I can think of a few well-known sports figures:

1. Jason Elam, Denver Broncos kicker.

2. Dan Dierdorf, of the then-St. Louis Cardinals and Monday Night Football

3. I am 99.99% sure that Arnold Palmer is a pilot.

4. Of course, Thurman Munson of the Yankees.

Just to name a few ......

More Celebrity Pilots

Arnold Palmer is indeed a pilot, having flown Citations. Tom Cruise, I understand is also a pilot.

As far as Travolta goes since he is a private pilot I do not see any pft connection with an advertising campaign. Also as the owner of aircraft like the 707, he does pay for his own training. That is true, however, this training is not in conjunction with a job but with a personal aircraft. That is like comparing apples to oranges and does not make sense. I may have personal aircraft in the future and if it's registered to me personally of course I will pay for any training associated with ownership. I believe that the OWNER should pay for training be it an airline (the employer) or an individual or a corporation. If my plane is registered to my corporation of course the training gets paid for out of a Corporate account, NOT out of my personal bank account. I am sure JT has the appropriate arrangements for training and this is the least of my worries when I think pft should be abolished.

Uniforms?????????????? I would wear a T-shirt and shorts while zipping around in a 707. I just don't see the need for uniforms while flying personal aircraft. If I hit the Lotto big and get myself a Citation you can bet I won't be prancing around in a uniform!!! I would enjoy wearing comfortable clothing, that's for sure. Buffett and I probably would get along since I would go so far as to wear flip flops!! Can you imagine owning a 747 and zipping around the world wearing shorts and flip flops??? The idea is quite appealing!

I think there is an Arnold Palmer Airport in Pennsylvania, I would be interested in the history of that.

Arnold Palmer has a Citation X I think it is the first production serial number X that was out... I think he had a Citation VII before that, also the first serial number if I recall correctly...

No 707 Type Rating

It is interesting that Travolta does not hold a B707 Type Rating...

Also surprised that a guy with his love for aviation hasn't gone on to aquire at least his Commercial Pilot Certificate if not his ATP... I know for what he is doing he doesn't need it, BUT you think he would get them just to prove to himself he can get them...

JOHN JOSEPH TRAVOLTA
15821 VENTURA BLVD STE 460
ENCINO, CALIFORNIA
County LOS ANGELES 91436-4778
UNITED STATES

Medical Class : First Medical Date: 07/2001

DOI : 03/27/1992
Certificate: PRIVATE PILOT

Rating(s):

PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND