• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you like the trip changing after every leg and being micromanaged, then working with Sentient is not too bad.

If dealing with the trips changing every leg is such a problem then why not fly for an airline? At least then you'll know your trips a month in advance.

Sentient can throw whatever they want at me for 8 day and then I'll airline it home and sip cold ones for the next 6 days.

If dealing with the trips changing every leg is such a problem then why not fly for an airline? At least then you'll know your trips a month in advance.

Sentient can throw whatever they want at me for 8 day and then I'll airline it home and sip cold ones for the next 6 days.

Cause that crap will get old real quick. You may think it is heaven right now but the honeymoon will soon end.

I thought the 6 days were soft anyway?

If you like the trip changing after every leg and being micromanaged, then working with Sentient is not too bad.

Talking with crews that fly trips for Sentient, it's a love/hate relationship. Some crews hate dealing with them, but others like working with them. We fly quite a few trips for them and they've always treated us very well. One or two legs per day, 6-8 hours of duty most days and usually very friendly passengers. The trips do change fairly often, but it's nothing compared to working at a fractional company. Overall, we enjoy working with them.

Cause that crap will get old real quick. You may think it is heaven right now but the honeymoon will soon end.

I thought the 6 days were soft anyway?

It's human nature to focus on the negative. The bottom line is that it's a great job. TMC's a great company that lets their pilots have a life for 6 day straight.

I agree. I have no complaints. Yeah, Sentient changes their minds sometimes, but at least I know I have almost a week off coming up. It's a good trade-off.

I know there is at least one former Options guy there. Not sure if he is on the board or not though.

I can think of at least 10 guys that are either ex-Options or ex-TravelAir guys, and if I can think of 10 then there are probably another 5 or 6 that I don't know about. All of the ex-options guys that I have spoken with are extremely happy with their decision. It sounds like most have been sitting in the right seat at Options for 4-5 years and then got hired by TMC as a street captain and a 60k/yr starting salary, great bennies, and a rediculously early seniority number.

Just a few questions that I didn't see answers to.

Still hiring street Cpts?

How is the med insurance? Cost for a family and how long til it kicks in?

How much is per diem?

Are you on salary from day one or some sort of training pay, do they pay for hotel in training?

Saw the starting pay of 40-60k, guess that is f/o or cpt. What are the raises with time on property?

Thanks- batfish

Latest resources

Back