• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what it's worth the Hotel thing is back to where it originally was when the crews used to make their own reservations. Hilton properties, Marriotts, and some not so nice hotels when everything is booked up. All in all we stay in nice hotels.

Travel Management Company

For what it's worth the Hotel thing is back to where it originally was when the crews used to make their own reservations. Hilton properties, Marriotts, and some not so nice hotels when everything is booked up. All in all we stay in nice hotels.
How about everything else going on with the company.
1.Days off
2.QOL
3.Pay
4.Benefits
5.Advancement
I already know the answer. It is the same old song and dance.
Alot of empty promises.
Fly safe guys!

Last edited:
The word on the pay schedule is 3% per year, with 5% in your 4th and I think 7th year. In other words, you will never make any more than you make the year you are hired after inflation...pathetic if you ask me. doing the math:

Captain FO
yr 1 $60,000 $40,000
yr 2 $61,800 $41,200
yr 3 $63,654 $42,436
yr 4 $66,837 $44,558
yr 5 $68,842 $45,895
yr 6 $70,907 $47,272
yr 7 $74,452 $49,636
yr 8 $76,686 $51,125
yr 9 $78,987 $52,659
yr 10 $81,357 $54,239
yr 11 $83,798 $54,239
yr 12 $86,312 $54,239
yr 13 $88,901 $54,239
yr 14 $91,568 $54,239
yr 15 $94,315 $54,239

Apparently most of management are ex FLOPs people, so this must sound pretty good to them. You will make more money long term at; Avantair, FlexJet, CitationShares, XOJet, and NetJets FO's make more than TMC Captains (must be embarrassing). All of these places are currently hiring.

When I asked about upgrades, it seems no one has yet. Apparently they are hiring a lot of street captains from crummy 135 jobs that make TMC look good.

Weds is the travel day. A crew doesn't get to go home until the next crew shows up, so you leave home real early on Weds and get home real late the next Weds.

Oh, I was informed that FO raises stop at year 10 so I adjusted the chart to reflect that.

That pay sucks ball$! I They also never reply to your e-mail when you send a resume. Not even a "thanks, we have you resume for review." I wrote them off after sending my resume 3 times.

The first Travel Management Company pilot has left for Netjets and more will be leaving for better jobs in the near future.I heard that in a month or so there will be more pilots quitting due to their training contracts expiring.They are having a really hard time finding qualified pilots to fill the positions already vacated in the company.There has already been a certain amout of abuse on the new Beechjets from poorly qualified current pilots and it will only get worse with all the turnover.I would have to blame management for all the problems,but like most companys they do want to take responsibility for their actions.
Fly safe guys!

Last edited:
If they would just increase the pay by about 10,000, they would get more qualified applicants. Atleast have a decent yearly pay increase for starters....

emspilot01, I don't mind people stirring crap to make management (who I think reads this) be aware of concerns that need to be addressed, but to get on and say the pilots are "poorly qualified" is just ridiculous and not helping anyone's cause (not that you work at TMC since nobody else seems to want to admit it either). We have to jump through the same hoops as any other company that requires the ARGUS "qualifications" and even get real checkrides when we go to Flight Safety and our 6 month checks. The pilots are qualified, just as good as one of the cool Netjets guys.

emspilot01, I don't mind people stirring crap to make management (who I think reads this) be aware of concerns that need to be addressed, but to get on and say the pilots are "poorly qualified" is just ridiculous and not helping anyone's cause (not that you work at TMC since nobody else seems to want to admit it either). We have to jump through the same hoops as any other company that requires the ARGUS "qualifications" and even get real checkrides when we go to Flight Safety and our 6 month checks. The pilots are qualified, just as good as one of the cool Netjets guys.
Demonspeed,
"poorly qualified" was a bad use of wording.Travel Management Company will never be able to pick up the more qualified pilots in the industry because they are going to fractionals and better charter companys.I really don't think that Flight Safety makes a big difference on a pilots skill level after seeing some of people who can make it through the training.If you pay them the money they will get you through the training.(This is any operator)
Fly safe guys!

Last edited:
Well where you said there was certain amount of abuse on the Beechjets from poorly qualified pilots... maybe "poorly motivated" pilots would be better wording. Unless we are plowing the planes on the landing, sideloading the planes, off roading through the mud, I would say that the abuse of the new beechjets is from either carrying a bunch of write-ups or just not caring enough to do maintain the cleanliness of the plane, which isn't being poorly qualified, it's simply not doing your job.
I guess my point is that we aren't all a bunch of lifers, barely qualified to go anywhere else. We are all very marketable and if something better comes along, we don't need to have the reputation as the company of beechjet pilots who are "poorly qualified". That's all I'm saying.

My sources are telling me three pilots have quit in the last week and there will be more losses in the next three months.(Mainly Captains and some First Officers)Travel Management company will have to worry about finding more pilots and my guess is that it can not be accomplished.This company is really struggling to find qualified people to fill the current positions because of the bad pay, benefits, etc.
Fly safe guys!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back