• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, Thats a worse deal than the rest of the TMC pilots have. But, If u need a job take it. If not, avoid !!!!!

Some people don't get it...yeah, it pays more than UI, yeah there are benefits, yeah it could lead to better things....However, is it worth it to sell your soul and cheapen an industry that you plan on being in as a career? Are you going to be able to keep your family together? Do you ever ask yourself, "If it's this bad on the surface, what's it like once you get there?"

What's changed there in the last year?

Day rate...i.e. no pay if you're sent home becaue of MX issues or other circumstances.

Types of rotations....i.e., you want a better schedule, you get paid less.

No cell phone reimbursement...company phone now...yeah, dragging around 2 cell phones is so much fun.

Health insurance, cost you more for less coverage.

You pay for your uniform. TMC swag and all.

7 days vacation gone....turned into you have to earn 5 days and you get 2 sick days.

Less pilots on staff.

Merit level pay scale...i.e. How often do you take it in the shorts and lose just a little more dignity.

That's just what I know off the top of my head and as somebody not involved.

awe, dont forget the 3 personal days to be requested 60 or 90 days in advance

interesting thought- when i was hired, we had near 140 pilots , we as of today have 105 pilots ( they havent accounted for one or two that will be sending in their notice within the week) and we have more planes!
so by august, we will be most likely in double digits and be 1/3 less of a pilot group with about 10 more planes-- shrink to profitability-- how'd that work for the airlines? exactly. to make money-- you need to grow/exapnd, retain employees and not be a constant training center.
merikt level by july 1-- wow thats in a few days- i cant wait to see where i am

What's up with TMC? They just posted Citation jobs to be based at VNY and TEB. Are they trying to get away from having to purchase airline tickets now? This place is starting to sound like a place you just go to earn your stripes and not a living where you can support yourself and a family.

WOW, just re-read the ad, TEB crew to be dual qualified as to be a back-up to the King Air 200 crew. Both TEB and VNY crews to get only 4 days off per month, yet the pay is still the same as the Beechjet and Hawker guys running a 15/13 schedule. Sad.

I just saw that on my climbto350 account and applied for the citation job....I wrote in the cover letter box "this has to b a joke, 4 days off a month and 5 vacation after a year? It's a joke right?"

GOM vs FAR

What you do on your time, so long as you report for work rested, fit, sober and beyond the 8hr rule for alcohol consumption shouldn't matter. If the company is dictating your behavior during your "rest", you're not in "rest".

While I agree with the message of your post, I do need to correct you on one issue. Although the FAA has the 8-hour bottle-to-throttle rule, if a company has a more restrictive alcohol policy written in their GOM (i.e. 12-hours, 24-hours, etc) it supersedes the FAA alcohol rule. If you break it, you can and will be issued a violation by the feds.

Last edited:
While I agree with the message of your post, I do need to correct you on one issue. Although the FAA has the 8-hour bottle-to-throttle rule, if a company has a more restrictive alcohol policy written in their GOM (i.e. 12-hours, 24-hours, etc) it supersedes the FAA alcohol rule. If you break it, you can and will be issued a violation by the feds.

ummmm, that's so not true

ummmm, that's so not true

Ummmmmm, that so is true. But you can be the cowboy and disregard the limitations set forth in the GOM and accepted by the FAA as a legally binding document.

Ummmmmm, that so is true. But you can be the cowboy and disregard the limitations set forth in the GOM and accepted by the FAA as a legally binding document.

I think ur confusing the gom with tmc's policies and procedures. The faa could fn care less nor is their approval reqd for company policies and procedures. If thats the case shall i protest my daily pay rate to the faa? Or will they 609 me for not wearing a tie?

Latest resources

Back