• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thats why we are "released" into rest after a duty period. you can go to the beach, movies etc on your time ( while you cannot drink- that is a COMPANY POLICY) so what you do on your time is your business,

Perhaps I don't fully understand your stream of consciousness. How is it that you can be "released" into rest (i.e., free from all restraint by the certificate holder, including freedom from work or freedom from present responsibility for work should the occasion arise, as described in 125.267(b) (3)) if you're obligated to the company for any reason during this time? What you do on your time, so long as you report for work rested, fit, sober and beyond the 8hr rule for alcohol consumption shouldn't matter. If the company is dictating your behavior during your "rest", you're not in "rest".

(scheduled operators have scheduled duty periods, nonscheduled dont- its as simple as that)

That is essentially correct. As told to me by an FAA guy. Probably not the same FAA guy as it's in a different region.

The difference is that scheduled operators like 121 scheduled ops can give you a much smaller amount of rest down to 8 hrs compared to 135 non-scheduled ops, and all the nuances of the 121 regs are so much more of a pain.

In the spirit of the law, non-scheduled 135 have the unwritten rolling rest, but in exchange for us at least, they have greater amount of time in standard rest compared and les overall duty allowable.

Just wish it was written more clear.

At the regional it's very very common to be regularly schedule 5 legs then 8hrs your first night, then 6 legs the next day with no real dinner or breakfast, and then 10 hrs compensatory the second night, the third day 6 legs and then 8 hrs regularly scheduled that thrid night, and the following last day, 7 legs before your 8th leg to commute home on the jumpseat. (if it is available)

As far as 135 rolling rest:

We know they're going to do it, grey or not, so it's up to us to be professional about it and be rested or call in fatigued when we know we are not going to be able to do a long pop up that will take us through the night after we have been up since 8AM. And meanwhile write the senators to get it changed, r get another job.

There seems to be alot of Part 91 gigs out there right now.

Last edited:
perhaps i don't fully understand your stream of consciousness. How is it that you can be "released" into rest (i.e., free from all restraint by the certificate holder, including freedom from work or freedom from present responsibility for work should the occasion arise, as described in 125.267(b) (3)) if you're obligated to the company for any reason during this time? What you do on your time, so long as you report for work rested, fit, sober and beyond the 8hr rule for alcohol consumption shouldn't matter. If the company is dictating your behavior during your "rest", you're not in "rest".
right on the bullseye!

Either we can agree to disagree ( with me being correct) or feel free to challenge the FAA legal team and let us all know how that goes. Again, TMC is in full compliance with the faa regulations. Your excuse of tmc dictating behavior while on rotation and or while on rest is meaningless---- they could also implement a no tabacco policy , that has nothing to do with regulations, company policy is completely different from faa regulations.

What's up with TMC? They just posted Citation jobs to be based at VNY and TEB. Are they trying to get away from having to purchase airline tickets now? This place is starting to sound like a place you just go to earn your stripes and not a living where you can support yourself and a family.

WOW, just re-read the ad, TEB crew to be dual qualified as to be a back-up to the King Air 200 crew. Both TEB and VNY crews to get only 4 days off per month, yet the pay is still the same as the Beechjet and Hawker guys running a 15/13 schedule. Sad.

Last edited:
What's up with TMC? They just posted Citation jobs to be based at VNY and TEB. Are they trying to get away from having to purchase airline tickets now? This place is starting to sound like a place you just go to earn your stripes and not a living where you can support yourself and a family.

WOW, just re-read the ad, TEB crew to be dual qualified as to be a back-up to the King Air 200 crew. Both TEB and VNY crews to get only 4 days off per month, yet the pay is still the same as the Beechjet and Hawker guys running a 15/13 schedule. Sad.

I pity the fool that takes this job!

Latest resources

Back