Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are picking on the wrong guy here gents:

The Director of Operations runs that place, take a look at your Chain of Command in your GOM.

As I recall, he was actually above the General Manager as well.

Your Chief Pilot may not be willing to stand up for you guys, and the reason is simply: He is not an idiot. He knows he has no say in what happens in that place, and if he wants to keep his job, and see his wife and child every night, he has to keep his mouth shut, and at the very least, go with the flow when he gets overruled.

Example: When the schedules first went to the 15/13 from the 8/6, it was your Chief Pilot that convinced the Scotts there would be a mass defection if guys were forced on the schedule, and that same Chief Pilot assured the troops it would not happen. Guess what? The bosses above the CP decided to do it anyway, and the CP had two choices: He could have resigned his positon, or he could suck it up and get on board with the rest of the management team. We all know which way he decided to go.

You want to bitch at someone, go after the man behind the curtain. The one barking out orders to your CP. Just look at your GOM. They work for the DO.

Do you really think if DE quits or goes back to the line, that they will put someone else in that position better? How would you feel about MM as your Chief Pilot?

The only way to improve your life under the present management at that place is to get out of the place. Or you can vote in a Union and fight for the next 3-4 years in an attempt to get a Contract; something that is not even assured to happen.

Unless you plan on retiring from that place you work, your best move is to get out, plain and simple.

And if you care about your friends, just give them a heads up so they won't become the next victim. I am sure there are still plenty of asses to fill seats at this company if you leave, but as we all know, that won't always be the case, especially when the age 65 retirements start kicking in along with the new 121 rest rules which will also require more Pilots, all within a year or two.

But until the changes occur, it should be clear to all that they have decided to severely exploit the current pilot market. Hey, that's their choice. But when the market turns around, the seeds they are sowing today, may come back to hurt them.

Its their business, the only way to change it would be with a Union, and again, what is to stop the Owner from selling off the airplanes and shutting it down if you go that route? He doesn't need the place now does he?

All my good friends have left the place. Those who remain have to make their own decisions.

I wish you all the very best.

Last edited:
"Even though we had a reduction in force, we have plenty of pilots willing to fly on their days off to maintain the staffing of the fleet. Those pilots that are willing to fly cover the reduced staffing levels on their days off will be rewarded with an increase in their merit levels."

So if someone doesn't fly on their days off because they have families they want to be with will potentially hurt his/her merit level?

Last edited:
Oh yes you are!

TMC is not in financial dispair. We are making cuts to increase profitablity for our owner. We recently incorporated a merit level program that will reduce mx writeups and weather cancellations. We are the premier charter company in the United States, and intend to only get better.

Not only in $ dispair, but IDIOT management dispair as well. Old PL told you to increase the bottom line or get in the unemployment line.
Cant wait for these asshats to come knockin on my door for their next job, and I'd only be talkin about SH, DE, CS and Barbie Boy and his curlers. Carma wheel is a turning..... Feel it yet?

Not only in $ dispair, but IDIOT management dispair as well. Old PL told you to increase the bottom line or get in the unemployment line.
Cant wait for these asshats to come knockin on my door for their next job, and I'd only be talkin about SH, DE, CS and Barbie Boy and his curlers. Carma wheel is a turning..... Feel it yet?

Totally agree with ya there FL430!!! And I love the Barbie Boy comment, It totally fits. He will get get his and I hope that I can see it happen.
:beer:

February 18, 2011
HS-125 Captain to operate in Asia
Pioneer Aviation Services of Canada
107 Mirimar Dr Markham Ontario Canada L6E 1Z9

PH(905) 201-1168

500 on type

3500 Total flight

10,000 per month
No older than 50

Latest resources

Back