Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans states pilots need to up the ante!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last edited:
How can u slap?". Fn hilarious

call 911 and have her put in an indian prison- now thats a show ill watch

If that story is true which I highly doubt why didn't the FO make mention of it too him? I don't know how someone can fail to realize your only running on one.

Not only did it happen, I witnessed it. Not sure if it was the incident in question, but years back I was number three for departure at IAD. Waterski **** was cleared for takeoff, rolls forward a few yards and then mumbles something to tower about needing to "clear the runway and check something out" Pulls off the next taxiway and sits for a moment. Next thing you know, a nice puff of smoke comes from the #1 engine as it lights off. Few moments later calls tower and says everythings okay, gets back in line for takeoff. The FO and I were laughing our a$$es off.

In all fairness though, given the right circumstances I could see how it could happen.

Not only did it happen, I witnessed it. Not sure if it was the incident in question, but years back I was number three for departure at IAD. Waterski **** was cleared for takeoff, rolls forward a few yards and then mumbles something to tower about needing to "clear the runway and check something out" Pulls off the next taxiway and sits for a moment. Next thing you know, a nice puff of smoke comes from the #1 engine as it lights off. Few moments later calls tower and says everythings okay, gets back in line for takeoff. The FO and I were laughing our a$$es off.

In all fairness though, given the right circumstances I could see how it could happen.

Agrees...in only 9 months I've seen it happen to both a Waterski 145 AND a Chi-public-shuttle-frontier-west 140. It's just one little knob that can be overlooked if you're EXTREMELY fatigued (I mean like falling over fatigued or something).

Come to think of it...given my physical condition back then...I'm shocked I never forgot it.

How can you miss the insturments showing an engine not running?

When you do 4-6 legs a day for four days you'll get it.

Shouldnt happen AT ALL but I've watched it happen twice.

Latest resources

Back