• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My friend just got hired on there and said that he is in class with a twenty year old who has 280TT and like 30 Multi....

I've heard that most of the people in the new hire class are right around 300ish total with 50ish multi.

Doesn't TSA have a bridge program or agreement with Purdue to take their grads at lower times? Was that the dude with 280/30?

It wasn't a bridge program per se, but in the past TSA has hired a lot of Purdue graduates. Their minimums were 500 total, 25 multi. Not saying that's bad or good, but that's the way it was. Last year 500 was a hard min, obviously not so much today.

Doesn't TSA have a bridge program or agreement with Purdue to take their grads at lower times? Was that the dude with 280/30?

No, I think he said that he was a graduate of Jet U or something like that

the average time in the september class was around 650, highest person had 1200, lowest had around 400. Everyone did really well in ground school. A few got tripped up on the oral. Most people are doing really well in sim. From what i have heard the october 9th class they only interviewed and hired the usual 1000TT and 100ME. The reason all the september 5th class had low times is because they needed people to fill some seats fast. Only 8 of the 50 furloughed came back. You could try with 30 multi but I doubt it, no harm in trying. There was 39 in the september class, 2 are gone. I think there are 25 in the october class and rumor is there is a november class around 25 and then 10 to 15 per month through spring. Attrition from what I understand is really bad, and most of the line holders are getting juniored 2-3 times a month. They are waiting on the upgrade recalls until people in the september class get out there. No one has went on IOE yet. Most of us are looking at IOE early next week depending on the number of check airman availiable.

Thanks for the info.... I think I'll send in my resume and see what happens. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Ya, and I cant belive no one has said it yet.....STAY THE F$#@ FAR FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!

It has been said. Since we can only get low time guys to apply to us I think the message to stay away from TSA has gotten out. Assuming we dont lose any flying I'd say the hiring is going to be pretty strong for a while because we are still losing about 30 pilots a month. Most FOs start here low time then get enough to meet CHQ mins then go to CHQ. We are pretty much a training academy for all of the other regionals.

It was for me; left just before the furloughs. Great bunch of guys to fly with but Hulas can rot!

If its of any use, I was hired for the oct 9th class with 1000TT ans 29ME. I realized its not a great company, but where else can one go with such low ME time? There are several others in my class with low ME as well. However, I have heard that the mins are slightly higher now for the next class. But I'd say to go ahead and apply. After all, it beats flight instructing.

Latest resources

Back