• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe they are hiring and there are worse places to work. You will not work with better people anywhere. Management is a different story.

They are hiring and I'm pretty sure that even flight times of NA are competitive these days. As long as you can stil fog that old mirror.

Heard we will be hiring about 30 a month for at least the next 3 or 4 months. Doesnt look like any growth just trying to cover attrition at this point. You already said you know about the QOL issues so I wont go there. However you have to remember that we are losing about 30 pilots a month...about 75% FOs and 25% capts. We are very short staffed at the moment on both the FO and Capt side. We are not running a big upgraded class till Dec because we cant really afford to pull any FOs off line to upgrade them until some of the new hires make it. On a typical trip you run into numerous people who have been juniored or "re-routed". I have been re-routed with an extra turn on day 4 a few times this month and they have tried to junior me on my day off about 7 times in the past month and a half or so, but thats easy you just dont answer the phone. Anyways long story short we need a bunch of pilots. Like it was said the pilot group here is great and is basicly the only thing that makes you not want to punch yourself in the face at work.

If you have a multi rating and a pulse you can probably get an interview. I'm not even sure about needing the pulse.

Called Eileen today..mentioned that the person doing pilot recruitment won't be back until next week, she did mention her name but I forget, good luck

Heard we will be hiring about 30 a month for at least the next 3 or 4 months. Doesnt look like any growth just trying to cover attrition at this point. You already said you know about the QOL issues so I wont go there. However you have to remember that we are losing about 30 pilots a month...about 75% FOs and 25% capts. We are very short staffed at the moment on both the FO and Capt side. We are not running a big upgraded class till Dec because we cant really afford to pull any FOs off line to upgrade them until some of the new hires make it. On a typical trip you run into numerous people who have been juniored or "re-routed". I have been re-routed with an extra turn on day 4 a few times this month and they have tried to junior me on my day off about 7 times in the past month and a half or so, but thats easy you just dont answer the phone. Anyways long story short we need a bunch of pilots. Like it was said the pilot group here is great and is basicly the only thing that makes you not want to punch yourself in the face at work.

What's the best way to apply if you do not know anyone who'll walk-in your resume?

Would I be able to get an interview with 900+ TT and 32 ME?

What's the best way to apply if you do not know anyone who'll walk-in your resume?

Would I be able to get an interview with 900+ TT and 32 ME?

I'd just sent them an email with your resume/cover letter.

http://www.transstates.net is the web site and I think you'll find contact info there.

It's been said before but you should not plan on being here long term. If you're low time and just want some 121 experience and get up to CHQs mins, then good for you. If you want to someday upgrade here then you should really reconsider. There will probably not be an upgrade spot for you for many years if ever. This is seriously a sinking ship although some people have forgotten now that hiring and upgrades have resumed. IT IS FOR ATTRITION NOT GROWTH. THERE WILL NEVER BE ANYMORE GROWTH HERE. Any expansion of this company will all be on the dark side and we can expect slow or even rapid shrinkage as 50 seat flying goes away. So, come here with low time, get more time, move on.

what are the new hire times like? Low timers?

My friend just got hired on there and said that he is in class with a twenty year old who has 280TT and like 30 Multi....

Latest resources

Back