• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States Buys Compass??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Several of former co-workers are among the top tier of the Compass folks and had been looking forward to the flow-thru.

That being said, historically flow-thrus have been an iffy proposition at best. For every one that was reasonably successful (CoEx), there were some that were absolute disasters (Eagle). I believe Horizon also had one that did little for the employee group - I could be mistaken on this.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my old mates, as they are good people who would be great workers for DL.

That being said, I disagree with the logic of keeping it open in the name of "career expectations" or that they were hired "while the flow was in place." If you want to talk "career expectations," tell me about somebody hired at Eagle in 2000, and how well it has turned out of them - likely that person is still in the right seat of the ERJ. Heck, even with CoEx, there were hundreds of guys hired with the flow-thru to CAL in place who never got the chance to flow up because XJT was spun off.

The folks I knew who went to Compass in 2007/2008 went in with a skeptical attitude towards the flow-thru - most told me they'd believe it if it happened but they weren't holding their breath. Low and behold, things worked out alright and it was about to happen, but to keep the flow-thru open for the entire Compass seniority list isn't right. The landscape changed around the Compass people, the company got sold and the agreement ends.

Last edited:
Several of former co-workers are among the top tier of the Compass folks and had been looking forward to the flow-thru.

That being said, historically flow-thrus have been an iffy proposition at best. For every one that was reasonably successful (CoEx), there were some that were absolute disasters (Eagle). I believe Horizon also had one that did little for the employee group - I could be mistaken on this.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my old mates, as they are good people who would be great workers for DL.

That being said, I disagree with the logic of keeping it open in the name of "career expectations" or that they were hired "while the flow was in place." If you want to talk "career expectations," tell me about somebody hired at Eagle in 2000, and how well it has turned out of them - likely that person is still in the right seat of the ERJ. Heck, even with CoEx, there were hundreds of guys hired with the flow-thru to CAL in place who never got the chance to flow up because XJT was spun off.

The folks I knew who went to Compass in 2007/2008 went in with a skeptical attitude towards the flow-thru - most told me they'd believe it if it happened but they weren't holding their breath. Low and behold, things worked out alright and it was about to happen, but to keep the flow-thru open for the entire Compass seniority list isn't right. The landscape changed around the Compass people, the company got sold and the agreement ends.

Kinda like at Piedmont Airlines 3 years ago when Management was telling all the new Hires we were getting Q400's and had a flowthru with US Airways. NOT.... They all got Punked'!

Low and behold, things worked out alright and it was about to happen, but to keep the flow-thru open for the entire Compass seniority list isn't right.

The reason why most Delta pilots I have talked to are in support of at least have the flowthrough remain intact for those that are currently on property, is that they believe that it was a big factor in preventing furloughs in 2008-2009. The Compass pilots that were there then (which is 90% of the current list) were consistently referred to as 'furlough fodder' that were 'keeping the seats warm for flowbacks' on this forum and in reality out on the line. They put a lot on the line and it most likely saved some mainline people a furlough.

Thus, the support from those currently at mainline at least for those who have already been at Compass during the downturn when flowback was a real possibility if things didn't turn around when they did.

Now that they are hiring no need for the flow back safety net. I just can not believe people sign a 12k contract to then take home about $1400 per month. When not one flow thru has ever been successful. Will you guys ever stop chasing fictional carrots? Will you ever stand up and not accecpt 20k a year?

No... this is NOT true... at this point it's still very much under negotiation (at least at CPZ) and the only agreement at this point is that it will not end before 60 and will be negotiatied throughout this period of time with the intent on keeping it for at least those hired while the flow was in place.

You guys fly for Hulas now. Best of luck in your negotiations.... The motto for anyone that works under Hula's is this: abandon all hope and learn to like it.

as s munch u r

You guys fly for Hulas now. Best of luck in your negotiations.... The motto for anyone that works under Hula's is this: abandon all hope and learn to like it.
so how has it been going you pos. been blowing any goats lately. have i told you lately what a pos you are???

so how has it been going you pos. been blowing any goats lately. have i told you lately what a pos you are???

Oh sweet! I see someone got the new shipment of haterade!

Can I try a bottle?

(Come on, I had to)

TSH has a flow through. TSA to GoJet. But at TSH it's not the Captains who flow through, it's the furloughed FO's. I wonder how they will put Compass in the mix when they furlough in the future.

TSH has a flow through. TSA to GoJet. But at TSH it's not the Captains who flow through, it's the furloughed FO's. I wonder how they will put Compass in the mix when they furlough in the future.

Im a furloughed Waterski, I would never 'flow' to GoJet. It was also never an option for those who did want to work there. My understanding is anyone that went over to Gojet had to apply and interview.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back