• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States Buys Compass??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New companies and repsective MECs will have to agree to the flow up because otherwise where would the eventual flow down go?

You mean this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Yamaguchi

Hiroshima bombing

Yamaguchi lived and worked in Nagasaki, but in the summer of 1945 he went to Hiroshima for a three month business trip.[1] On 6 August he was preparing to leave the city with two colleagues, Akira Iwanaga and Kuniyoshi Sato, and was on his way to the station when he realised he had forgotton his hanko, and returned to his workplace to get it.[2][3] At 8:15 he was walking back towards the docks when the American bomber Enola Gay dropped the Little Boy atomic bomb near the centre of the city, only 3 km away.[1][4] Yamaguchi recalls seeing the bomber and two small parachutes, before there was "a great flash in the sky, and I was blown over"[3] The explosion ruptured his eardrums, blinded him temporarily, and left him with serious burns over the left side of the top half of his body. After recovering he crawled to a shelter, and having rested he set out to find his colleagues.[3] They had also survived and together they spent the night in an air-raid shelter before returning to Nagasaki the following day.[2][3] In Nagasaki he received treatment for his wounds and, despite being heavily bandaged, he reported for work on 9 August.[1]

[edit]Nagasaki bombing

At 11 am on August 9, Yamaguchi was describing the blast in Hiroshima to his supervisor, when the American bomber Bocks Car dropped the Fat Man atomic bomb onto Nagasaki. His workplace again put him 3 km from ground zero, but this time he was unhurt by the explosion.[4] However, he was unable to seek treatment for his now ruined bandages, and suffered from a high fever for over a week.[1]

Indubitably my good chum! :D

It appears Delta wants to concentrate on running Delta, and not regionals. And, I wonder if this will allow more whipsaw between Regionals? That's not good. I still think the current Compass guys and maybe some Mesaba guys should get the opportunty to flow up, as long as there is still an opportunity to flow down too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

YES! That is the general idea of these sales. Didn't you read the Delta press release? The word "performance" and "competitive" was on every other sentence. I would imagine that Compass is already a crappy regional that happens to have a flow with DAL. Now they will just be an even crappier regional.

I just feel sorry for those Compass dudes who used to tell women that they were Delta pilots. See Jesus is watching you.

Gee..another failed flowthrough agreement...Imagine that.

Let's all face it DUDES, 50-seat regional jet are just too expensive in this day and age... 50 seaters are dinosaurs unless there is ZERO competition on the route.

E170/175s are just on the edge of profitable if used correctly, and Hulas will make certain there is a profit (albeit a small profit) at the end of the day. I would much rather work for Pinnacle than Transstates - that Hulas is a dooooshbaaaggg. Good luck with that!

Isn't Transstates also ordering the Mitsubishi RJ (E170 lookalike)?

What about a guy that was just hired, but hasn't started training yet? I was hired on the 24th, but I am assuming my official hire date will be the day I show up for orientation, which will be in Aug.

I dont want to be affiliated with TSH. Ive been furloughed from that place for over a year now and I thought I was finally about to move on. Now Hulas owns the company I was just hired to fly for. Great way to start my day.....

if everybody does flow, you may be a senior capt in a few yrs!

Flow is gone with Compass and Mesaba in the next 60 days. Just enough time to get management to Delta. Sucks, but that is how flows work.

Flow is gone with Compass and Mesaba in the next 60 days. Just enough time to get management to Delta. Sucks, but that is how flows work.

No... this is NOT true... at this point it's still very much under negotiation (at least at CPZ) and the only agreement at this point is that it will not end before 60 and will be negotiatied throughout this period of time with the intent on keeping it for at least those hired while the flow was in place.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back