• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States Buys Compass??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say Compass AND Mesaba's worked. Only flow ups, no flow downs. Just didn't last real long.

I would say Compass AND Mesaba's worked. Only flow ups, no flow downs. Just didn't last real long.

Unless there are flow up guys with a Delta ID hanging around their neck I would not be too sure it worked even for a short time. I bet someone is hard at work trying to find a way out of letting any flow through guys on property. Sadly that is how things work in the regional industry.

I think that may be the best result for everyone. The pilots currently on the list will be allowed to flow. That way no harm is done to anyone.

Does that mean that all Mesaba's 900+ pilots can flow too? I tend to think the flow for both XJ and Compass will end after about 2 months worth.

MM

Unless there are flow up guys with a Delta ID hanging around their neck I would not be too sure it worked even for a short time. I bet someone is hard at work trying to find a way out of letting any flow through guys on property. Sadly that is how things work in the regional industry.

There are Mesaba pilots that flowed to NWA last time around.

My only comment on this sale is a few questions; Just how loud was the combined sounds of all those Compass pilot's bungholes slamming shut?

Did the shock wave carry all the way up to Lake Michigan? Has a tsunami warning been issued for the Canadian side?

Talk about a kick in the gooch????

Congratulations on becoming part of one of the world's worst airlines!!! That place stinks !!

Maybe their training department will take over and your checkrides will become popularity contests.

Nothing but feeling lucky on my part. Perhaps when Skywest spins ASA off we will be get a better deal, like maybe get bought by Mesa!!!

Oh no I just didn't!!!!

Unbelievable! The way Delta has turned to these two quality operators out to pasture infavor of a couple a scumbag airlines. What happened? The Delta pilots MEC can share the responsibiltiy for giving Compass the middle finger as well, you had the opurtunity to fight for these airframes and pilots and bring them onto the property now thats slipped away.
After all the bitchging and moaning about scope and RJ's you had a golden oppurtunity to push the nag back in the barn but fail to even show interest.
I dont get it?

Last edited:
Looks like Delta found a way out of the flow. There will be a few classes of flow-ups at DAL, and its all but over.

If there are flow ups, there must be flow downs allowed too if anything happens in the future. I personally think anyone on the current Compass list should be allowed to flow up, and probably the same for Mesaba. I think it was funny hearing some of the top guys at each airline refused flow up to Delta for this upcoming bid. I have a feeling that may change after seeing who now runs their company.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Unbelievable! The way Delta has turned to these two quality operators out to pasture infavor of a couple a scumbag airlines. What happened? The Delta pilots MEC can share the responsibiltiy for giving Compass the middle finger as well, you had the opurtunity to fight for these airframes and pilots and bring them onto the property now thats slipped away.
After all the bitchging and moaning about scope and RJ's you had a golden oppurtunity to push the nag back in the barn but fail to even show interest.
I dont get it?

It appears Delta wants to concentrate on running Delta, and not regionals. And, I wonder if this will allow more whipsaw between Regionals? That's not good. I still think the current Compass guys and maybe some Mesaba guys should get the opportunty to flow up, as long as there is still an opportunity to flow down too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If there are flow ups, there must be flow downs allowed too if anything happens in the future. I personally think anyone on the current Compass list should be allowed to flow up, and probably the same for Mesaba. I think it was funny hearing some of the top guys at each airline refused flow up to Delta for this upcoming bid. I have a feeling that may change after seeing who now runs their company.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just so we have the facts straight here, for the Compass side of things. Letters were sent out to the top 70 pilots but they only said to reply if you weren't interested in flowing. No actual slots have passed by or anything, and in fact as per those letters the 45 day "RSVP" period is still going on right now.

Wow, talk about escaping Hiroshima by moving to Nagasaki!

Ouch!

You mean this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Yamaguchi

Hiroshima bombing

Yamaguchi lived and worked in Nagasaki, but in the summer of 1945 he went to Hiroshima for a three month business trip.[1] On 6 August he was preparing to leave the city with two colleagues, Akira Iwanaga and Kuniyoshi Sato, and was on his way to the station when he realised he had forgotton his hanko, and returned to his workplace to get it.[2][3] At 8:15 he was walking back towards the docks when the American bomber Enola Gay dropped the Little Boy atomic bomb near the centre of the city, only 3 km away.[1][4] Yamaguchi recalls seeing the bomber and two small parachutes, before there was "a great flash in the sky, and I was blown over"[3] The explosion ruptured his eardrums, blinded him temporarily, and left him with serious burns over the left side of the top half of his body. After recovering he crawled to a shelter, and having rested he set out to find his colleagues.[3] They had also survived and together they spent the night in an air-raid shelter before returning to Nagasaki the following day.[2][3] In Nagasaki he received treatment for his wounds and, despite being heavily bandaged, he reported for work on 9 August.[1]

[edit]Nagasaki bombing

At 11 am on August 9, Yamaguchi was describing the blast in Hiroshima to his supervisor, when the American bomber Bocks Car dropped the Fat Man atomic bomb onto Nagasaki. His workplace again put him 3 km from ground zero, but this time he was unhurt by the explosion.[4] However, he was unable to seek treatment for his now ruined bandages, and suffered from a high fever for over a week.[1]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back