Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Snaab said:
Hola,

I was non-revving it the other day from BWI-GSO on a TSA J-41 and asked the flight attendant about the J-bird. She said they are finishing Jetstream flying (at least out of RIC) on 12/04/05. I think she said all were moving over to the ERJ. Hope that helps.

Snaab

I use to fly up on that flight to see family. It doesn't look like they're going to replace the GSO-BWI service period. It was pretty full the 5 to 6 times I've flown on them this year. Well, At least the 4:00pm was.

aa73 said:
Actually the 41 had decent half-a$$ed EFIS - horizon and DG with airspeed tapes. You must be referring to the J31/J32 which had round dials.

Yeah I was.....the J31....lol

It may seem hard to believe but I think the scan in the J41 is actually easier than than the EMB. I like the round altimeter because (in my opinion) it's easier to see small movements of the dial. I also like that it sits right next to the ADI and VSI is immediately between them. You can scan 3 instruments extremely rapidly. I always thought having to look way down for VSI on the EMB was harder. I really enjoyed flying the EMB and I expect that I'll be back in it sooner than I thought but the J41 is a really nice flying aircraft. Sitting in back does suck, though.

As of yesterday all of the J41s were gone from RIC. All 4 RIC 41s were repo'd to STL yesterday. As far as the service from BWI it looks like USAir is not going to replace what was lost when the 41s left. TSA is now going to only have 8 41s in STL. And it sounds like those will probably be gone in the summer.

Latest resources

Back