• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trannys' "capturing" captain seats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No it wasn't special E. He is nice enough to make up for where he lacks. This guy was different on several levels.

With the rather large vacancy bid about to close, will the Tranny's "capture" most of the left seats or will the Real Southwest FOs sitting on the fence for upgrade take them? More importantly, do you guys think there will be displacements?

Wouldn't that depend on a person's seniority number, preferences and bidding rights? Aren't all SWA pilots under one list and represented by one agent now? I would think they would be filled by pilots on the SWA seniority list, period.

Flew with a FAT that almost scared the crap out of me, and not in a bad way. He flew the plane like a 4 digit guy that has been here 40 years. I was the one who got the pucker factor as he made every approach look phenomenal. I don't care where you came from, either you can fly an airplane or you can't. And this FAT guy COULD, and flew the heck out of it. And the ironic thing was, he flew the 717 at AirTran. I would have thought he had decades of 737 experience.

Many of those senior in base easily make baseline CA pay. Some actually make more. The only downside to NOT upgrading (no matter where you came from), would be for a Long Term Disability event. In such case, you'd get baseline FO for the rest of your life if you couldn't come back.

This is not accurate. LTD at SWA is not based on seat, it's based on earnings. Capped at 12,500.

Flew with a FAT that almost scared the crap out of me, and not in a bad way. He flew the plane like a 4 digit guy that has been here 40 years. I was the one who got the pucker factor as he made every approach look phenomenal. I don't care where you came from, either you can fly an airplane or you can't. And this FAT guy COULD, and flew the heck out of it. And the ironic thing was, he flew the 717 at AirTran. I would have thought he had decades of 737 experience.

Thank you for the kind words about me.... You didn't have to write it here.!!!

So he flew the the way he wanted to and disregarded the AOM/FOM and flew it at clacker ?

Then the icing on the cake, make sexual comments to the flight attendants that only he though was funny . ( The kind that you or I would get fired for, but he is friends with Collen)

I Kidd , I. Kidd. :)

Last edited:
In the latest vacancy award the most junior awarded ATL FO was senior to about 5 ATL Captains. Looks like I'm going to be commuting for quite a while. Wonderful.

True. But 'most' FO's won't get the $12,500 with the earnings they make.

Jelly of the Month Club?

Do most guys sign up for a supplement, or is there a pilot funded LTD pool?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back