Trannys' "capturing" captain seats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True....in 1990.

Going to be interesting to babysit these guys in a Classic flying a backcourse Loc in Tucson with min weather.

If you can do it how hard can it be

Doing it last week vs. 20+ years ago is the same? Keep on keepin' on idiot.

There's an age-old attitude for you: only those with your original company (and who are around your seniority) have any clue how to fly. All others are stupid, green, coddled, senile, limp, dangerous, unfit, or any combination of the above. Only your and your immediate peers are real pilots.

Best of luck with that. You'll be miserable but nobody else will care.

True....in 1990.

Going to be interesting to babysit these guys in a Classic flying a backcourse Loc in Tucson with min weather.

How about those snowy approaches in midway or better yet wheel barreling in Laguardia. Idiot.

You need to park those old pieces of sH!t. Screw you and your attitude.

Last edited:
True....in 1990.

Or taking the plane away from them on a visual in MCO like I did last month...... :eek:

I've flown with a ton of AT guys in the last few years. All but the one mentioned above has done fine in the classic. He did fine in the 700, but screwed up 2 easy visuals in a row in a classic. I mean basic airman stuff and he's been at SW for over 2 years........ It was as if the instrument panel was invisible to him.

I don't think he'll be upgrading any time soon.

I don't remember ever shooting an approach to minimums in Tucson. Just lucky I guess.

It was .25 miles with fog yesterday morning. I've flown the Localizer Backcourse with heavy rain in the 300 a few times.

Let me back up.....I'm sure 98%+ of all ex-AirTran folks are good airmen. Similar to SW. I just hope (for all of our sakes) we don't have any issues with a classic and someone who hasn't seen one in awhile then being thrown in a tough spot. We have a few idiots on the original side too and for those transitioning I hope you figure out quickly who they are.....because then you will be doing the babysitting.

Don't disagree CRJdawg. I'd wish they'd park them too.

Don't forget that the HUD is on the Capt side and the way it shows airspeed and altitude is the same way the glass of the NG shows it. That should help those FAT Capts make the transition to the Classics.

I just hope they can fly those planes with the round dials or have the senior FO's babysit them - no nice screens and automation to help - oh you have to revert to being a "real pilot"

Yeah, they'll be lucky if they even find the right airport! Oh. Nevermind.

I kind of like the classics, except for that stupid NAV switch I keep forgetting. :)

Still, there is no denying the fact that SWA has issues with landing airplanes, with the same kind of problems coming up over and over again. Until this company figures out why it can't seem to fix this problem, the very idea of a SWA pilot of any origin flying a BC Loc to minimums in a Classic is a rather scary thought. Worth at least a few Ave Marias prior to starting the approach.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back