• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tranny ALPA MEC - Dragging their feet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only big unknown then becomes the 717 pay. Do they really hold it back and create a B-scale pilot group within the company?

Good question, SWAPA will be negotiating those rates with SWA correct?...can't see them negotiating anything less than our -500 (122 seats) which is the same rate as the -300/700...

Bad timing for no qrowth announcement in 2012...ws hoping Mr Kelly would have announced 30 -800 order...oh well...out of our hands...

fine.

I cant take the snake oil salesmen on here anymore. Your right. I am losing it.

Jt thank you. You have certainly used your right to freedom of speech :)

Your MEC needs an opportunity to work through this. There are many complexities to the deal. While you have seen sl9, there may be other items, facts and details which make it so much more potentially complicated than the bullet points appear to be.

Additionally you are making an emotional decision using an emotional thought process making emotional statements. I agree it's hard not to be. Swa pilots are guilty of the same thing. You are fostering debate however and that's a good thing.

You will get your say and I'm pretty sure it will be in a vote. To say there will be no vote is another emotional argument. You need to vote. Your MEC needs you to vote. It's your future. It appears you will take control of it and I hope you do.

Like I said. I would not wish our level of disappointment on you guys.

You don't have to. It's already there. Evidently you cannot fathom this, from the comments you make here, but our career expectations as SWA FO's have taken a hit. We now have 800+ new captains that, in essence, got hired off the street. GK has said that due to industry and economic concerns, we will not grow, and in fact will have less capacity in 2012 than 2011.

Right now it is the other way around, and I doubt all 6000 of u will be PO'd even after it goes to arbitration. I serverly doubt it unless we get a 20% bump in senority and you guys take a 38% loss. I doubt even an arbitrator would do that.

If you are insinuating that SWA guys got a 20% bump in seniority, I'd like to see your math. I personally got a 9% bump, which, by the way, will make little to no difference in my life. Yes, you guys did take a big seniority hit, and I can imagine your pain, but it was not without recompense, and a lot of it, when you consider both pay and benefits. I will be flying with AAI guys who are junior to me, who are making $60k+ more per year than I.

You know I am tired of the threats. Luv my arse. Go fek yourselfs. Suck my !#$!#$

I'm sorry you all feel threatened, but no one here has any power to make you feel that way (or shouldn't anyway). The only one is GK, and if I were you, I would feel some trepidation at turning this down, because he is not averse to seeking other paths to avoid unnecessary expense. If it makes you feel any better, we feel somewhat threatened on our side, due to GK insisting that he save training costs by protecting your seats, even out of seniority.

Of course, it's all just business, and it's not personal. I just don't want you to think that you have a monopoly on misery. Whether you agree with it or not, the fact is that SWA FO's have been dealt a hit to their career expectations, with nothing to make up for it. You've been dealt a seniority hit (as you should have, being the smaller, lesser valued, and acquired carrier), but with a windfall of financial gains that should more than make up for the pain.

Whether you agree with it or not, the fact is that SWA FO's have been dealt a hit to their career expectations, with nothing to make up for it. You've been dealt a seniority hit (as you should have, being the smaller, lesser valued, and acquired carrier), but with a windfall of financial gains that should more than make up for the pain.

Career expectations? What did you think was going to happen, SWA was going to organically grow 30% a year forever?

When I got hired, there were guys who made the left seat in 18 months. Then it went to 3 years, then 6 years. Now our F/Os are looking at 11 years in the right seat.

The only career expectation you had as a SWA new hire was to be a 737 CA SOMEDAY. That was exactly the same expectation an AAI pilot had.

And, again, it amuses me that you guys equate their pay raise with grabbing THEIR seniority.

Admit it, all of you...the only FAIR way to merge these lists:

1. No bump/no flush
2. Pre-1993 SWA hires on the list
3. Ratio the rest.

Everything else is just B.S. And the outright hubris of the SWA F/Os here is getting a bit annoying.

Career expectations? What did you think was going to happen, SWA was going to organically grow 30% a year forever?

No but I didn't expect to be pulling gear for a guy/gal hired at AAI 4 years after I was hired at SWA who is making $70K more a year than I am...what is your point?

1. No bump/no flush
3. Ratio the rest.

Add no seat protection, and you got a deal!! AAI CPs may not like that...

When I got hired, there were guys who made the left seat in 18 months. Then it went to 3 years, then 6 years. Now our F/Os are looking at 11 years in the right seat.

The only career expectation you had as a SWA new hire was to be a 737 CA SOMEDAY. That was exactly the same expectation an AAI pilot had.

And, again, it amuses me that you guys equate their pay raise with grabbing THEIR seniority.

1. No bump/no flush
3. Ratio the rest.

Everything else is just B.S. And the outright hubris of the SWA F/Os here is getting a bit annoying.

Nothing I'm posting is hubristic. I only posted facts, which you cannot refute.

I never said we would grow 30% a year. No one knows better than I do that the growth is simply not going to be much. But what you want me to believe is that there would have been NO organic growth at SWA through 2020. Because if there had been, I would have been better with even a minute amount of growth over the next 10 years than with this acquisition. All AAI brings to SWA FOs is 160 retirements over ten years, and not starting until December 2012. Also, from GK's comments today, we are looking at an immediate reduction in capacity compared to the two carriers' combined operations prior to acquisition. So not only are 800+ new captains coming on property, but we also will see a likely reduction in need for crews.

So, is it hubristic for me to think that your company is taking away an earlier upgrade for me? No. Is it hubristic for me to compare this "growth by acquisition", this sudden Captain growth of 800+ Captains from outside of our ranks with what might have occurred if you all didn't come on property? Absolutely not.

I acknowledged your pain. For you to refuse to see ours shows who owns the hubris.

1. No bump/no flush
3. Ratio the rest.

Do you really care? You do not work at either carrier so why should you care how they vote? Worry about yourself. Getting all worked up about something that will not involve you is really stupid. But then again?

If you are insinuating that SWA guys got a 20% bump in seniority, I'd like to see your math. I personally got a 9% bump, which, by the way, will make little to no difference in my life.

Nice post Fly, and spot on.

Everyone is feeling some pain in this deal. There are a lot of SW FO's that are livid over this deal.

I can't comprehend how you came up with a 23% number, most seniority bumps are in the single digits, some in the lower singles. Look at it this way....if every single AAI pilot was stapled to the bottom, the SW pilot gain through the 50% level would be a 20% bump....THAT'S WITH A COMPLETE STAPLE.

The mathmatics show that 1700 pilots just doesn't move the needle that much when ratioed to 6000 pilots like this ISL shows.

Fubi,

The career expectations are drastically different when AAI CA rates equal our FO rates. Is that so hard to see?

RF

Hey Tranny's...cry me a river, take it to arbitration, I could give a rat's ass...you might get a better deal, but the company that acquired you has put an offer on the table that works for them fiscally, you want to go all ghetto ALPA and tell management to F-off, we are going to arby, fine...you get what you pay for I guess...

Latest resources

Back