training prob.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4G5 said:
What I found works really well is find out his ethnicity and genetic heritage and then give him that best verbal dice and slice you can, "listen you no good XXX, stinkin XXXX, dirty rotten XXX, if you F up that check list 1 more time I am going to kick your XXXX a$s back to that bum F country that your mama came over on a tire tube from.

Now we're talking!!!

:D

Here is my training story.

Went to Simcom for C550 sic inital. I was paired with a gentleman that was a Shorts 360 captian for a cargo operator in the tropics. He was soooooo slow and had no idea how to be in charge. Here I was with less than 500 hours helping him with almost everything, and he was slowing me down when I was flying. He was a nice guy, but I was flying circles around him, and from the right side without a flight director. I was supposed to fly with him on a LOFT and his check ride, but he ended up needing additional training and I wasn't sticking around for that. He also crashed three or four times.

He did get his type though.............

svcta said:
Hey, gang,
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I would like to get some input on how maybe to handle it. Here's the deal:

I'm in training now for a type on a new jet. I've got 0 time in type, but I've got plenty in jets and glass. Everyone else in the class came with a partner and I came alone. I am at this point paired with a guy who has NO real world experience, NO jet time, NO EFIS/Glass/FMS experience. He's just getting an SIC check as part of a job perk where he works(not as a pilot, I might add).

Sim 1 was as one might expect

Sim 2 has me concerned about dragging someone through checklists and flows and missed callouts and helping me keep things going while I try to fly through a check ride.

Sim 3 is this evening and I've pretty much made up my mind that I will say something to my instructor if this doesn't look markedly better at the end.

how long should I wait? They tell me that if he can't hack it for the ride they'll put an instructor with me for that part, but I would like to have flown with someone before going right in to a check ride with them.

In short....help!
Its you and your company's money that is at stake for this training. I say tell the instructor tommorrow. He is holding up your training as well.

By the way, where are you training?

Prob solved...

Thanks again for the stories and advice. I tried the name calling and sterotyping and now I've got a new partner. That really DOES work!

Kidding, of course....last night went pretty badly, and right out of the box my instructor told me I'd have an in-house guy from here on out.

So now I have noone else to blame but me.

SVCTA,

I had a similiar situation w/ a European pilot in my 604 initial (communication problems, SOPs, bad attitude, etc). You did the right thing by talking w/ the Program Manager. Remember, you are there for you and your company.....not to carry your partner thru his type ride!

With a FS copilot your ride will be a cake. Plus, the majority of your time will be in the left seat during sim. One drawback, is that you'll get EVERY question on the oral instead of half w/ a partner.

Remember, you are the client at FS,
SCT

this is not a useful answer, those have already been covered.

I think the pass rate at the big 2 sim schools is 98%, so mathematically you probably don't have to worry about it.

Pray for a company instructor!!! If you can basically fly the airplane, the instructor can handle the rest. It makes the ride a piece of cake. On the other hand, if your company instructor screws you up, the guy running the sim will be laughing so hard at your SIC, you can get away with almost anything. It's a no lose situation.....provided you can handle the flying part.

Of course, I'm sure this comes to late for you. But I just had to put in my bent penny. (I swore I wasn't gonna post on here any more.)

Sounds like many of us have "been there." By all means, tactfully request a change with all possible speed. Seems to me it's a safety issue for you to learn every last scrap you can about that new airplane. I'd want to.

I had a sim partner from Spain who was training JRA and the day before the check ride they told me that we could only train togther and that we couldnt do our check rides togther. That was the best news I heard all week not only did I have a FSI instructor on my check ride I also had the FAA sit in on it. Let me tell you, it went so smooth b/c all I had to do is fly the airplane and my right seat guy was the best. Most of the time getting a instructor for your checkride is great. This is nothing against my original sim partner he was good but the other guy was great

Latest resources

Back