Trailer park passengers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Palerider957

Is it my imagination, or have the trailer parks cast all of their people onto the airlines???

Doing trips between Daytona and MLB during bike week, I would have sworn we were flying a $30 million double-wide.......I have never seen so many obese people with # "8" shirts and blue-jean cuttoffs. Whatever happened to the glamour of travel?

Thoughts anyone???

Deregulation. I can remember hearing that people back in the 60's and 70's "dressed up" for air travel even. (I myself was just a kid back then). Going somewhere on an airliner (dc8's, 707's, 727's, dc10's etc was an adventure!!!

Now I've seen passengers, even celebrity passengers, show up wearing trashy outfits such as socks with soccer sandals, cutoffs, dirty tshirts carrying a pillow to sleep with. Some people call it comfortable, I call it sloppy. It's just not the way it used to be.

Boeing

Ahmen brother.....If I ran an airline, the first thing I'd do is impose a dress code!!! (yeah right). Yeah, people call it comfort, but they travel looking totally unkempt, sometimes unbathed, and generally nasty! I did dress up as a kid (and still do when I non-rev). These same people wouldn't dream of going to a restaraunt looking like crap, but it's OK on a plane.....go figure.

The LCC's are partly responsible. With crazy-low fares the Greyhound crowd has crept into the Delta ques...that sucks. I hear these people who paid $100 to fly half-way across the country give my FA's a bunch of sh1t in their ghetto/trailer lingo...sometimes it's really disheartening.

Palerider957 said:
Is it my imagination, or have the trailer parks cast all of their people onto the airlines???

Doing trips between Daytona and MLB during bike week, I would have sworn we were flying a $30 million double-wide.......I have never seen so many obese people with # "8" shirts and blue-jean cuttoffs. Whatever happened to the glamour of travel?

Thoughts anyone???

Hey dude! I know you're just joking around but we're not all "trailer trash". I grew up in a trailer and it was a good way of life. Good cheap living for a time. As a matter of fact, if this industry keeps on they way it is that's exactly where the future pilots of America can expect to live IF they can afford it. Regards, Ziggy1

Roger that ziggy,

You're right, I should have been more specific. My bone is with trashy people who make our planes smell like a$$ on a summer day. I spent years as an inner-city cop, now I see some of the same types crap getting on my plane.....sucks.

Re: Re: Trailer park passengers

Ziggy1 said:
Hey dude! I know you're just joking around but we're not all "trailer trash". I grew up in a trailer and it was a good way of life. Good cheap living for a time. As a matter of fact, if this industry keeps on they way it is that's exactly where the future pilots of America can expect to live IF they can afford it. Regards, Ziggy1

I myself (and several pilots I know) once considered buying our own motorhomes to live in at our base instead of the crashpad because it can be so much cheaper...then, you have a motorhome you can sell later in the event you live at your base.

I think the term "trailer trash" does not necessarily mean that you are trash no matter what just because you reside in a trailor. It's a stereotype because for the most part, people who live in trailors are the "jerry springer" type people. I know there are exceptions and there are nice, cleancut, upstanding people who happen to be victoms of the times and have to live in a trailor. I think what Palerider957 is saying is that "jerry springer" type people seem to be riding on the airlines as opposed to the greyhound bus because the airline tickets have gotten so low.

I personally don't have a problem with the jerry springer croud as long as they can behave themselves on board, don't drink, clean themselves up and go to walmart and buy a nice pair of slacks and shirt to look nice for the flight.

What gets me is the lack of courtesy...
..Kids kicking the back of my seat, adults kicking the back of my seat, people talking so darned loud you can hear them 3 aisles up. Walking up and down the aisles when the seat belt light is on an we're in moderate chop. Dressing like Britney Spears when you look like the "Nutty Professor". Listening to rap music and singing along. People wearing T-shirts and blue jeans in first (usually 'demanding' service).
I can usually tell where some kids sat in the back after a flight. It looks like a literal "pretzel or paper explosion" in the aisle near them. Seems like more and more people can't/don't control their kids
I always think its kinda funny when folks immediately get up back in row 30 as soon as the plane is parked.

Jetexas

You hit it on the head, the lack or courtesy is enormous. I've seen our poor FA's run ragged by trashy/ghetto passengers. You know you're in for a show when the pax start demanding drinks before the cabin door is closed (in an RJ with no 1st class) People talking loudly--singing with the rap, you're RIGHT on the money. The kids who are out of control, screaming and throwing things--what is it about an airplane that brings this out of people.

I guess it shouldn't suprise me, when I was a cop I used to see people show up to court wearing sweat pants and FUBU shirts, yeah that will impress the judge.

Palerider957 said:

Thoughts anyone???

I was just curious what airline flies between DAB and MLB? Both cities do poorly pax wise on their own. I can't imagine someone flying a CRJ between the two of them when its an hour drive on 95.

Last edited:
No man, it's ATL--MLB--ATL--DAB--ATL

Latest resources

Back