• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trailer park passengers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I saw the ultimate in poor travel attire today. Whilst at the Airport conducting some personal business, I saw a young lady fly in wearing, I kid you not, A sports bra and tiny, and I mean TINY spandex shorts. I could not believe my eyes. Fortunately for all bystanders, she was quite pleasing on the eyes. A friend that was with me was also shocked and asked if I would let someone dressed like that on my aircraft. But of course...she can sit up front with me.

In Support of All UNITED STATES Troops in Harms Way,
AT

P.S. For any TSA employees who are monitoring this board, the above statement about allowing an unauthorized person in the cockpit during flight operations was made solely in jest and is not intended to be a statement of true fact or intent.

I guess I'm off the hook now.

Hey Palerider,

Perhaps you should shoot for Netjets - sure, you will still fly a lot of FAT people, but at least they will be adorned in diamonds (and not fake ones). Flying a Citation X around at mach .92 wouldn't be too bad...

Your story reminds me of a conversation I had with a ValuJet pilot a few years back. I asked him if he enjoyed his job and his immediate response was, "I fly scum..." Not the most respectful answer, but at least he was being honest about his feelings....

Go fly for Netjets! I hear it is a great place (and the contract will improve soon).

No personal attacks here, but you guy's are so shallow.

Let me assume the ones who posted pro a dress code, either come from money, or "better class" familes.

Well guess what, people whoever there are, who are flying are allowing us to keep our jobs.

Yeah it's cheaper to fly now so people who could not afford it before are starting to do so.......so let them.

Why should there be a dress code, it used to be that pilots were highly regarded.....now we are not. It used to be that air travel was highly regarded, it's not. We are not getting paid what the "old timers" used to get paid, nothing is the same, it won't ever be.

I cannot believe you could think about dress code at a time like this, still having a job, country going to war, and this industry the way it is..................and all of you who agree.

Let me tell you this, I'm am so happy to have anyone on my plane who will still fly and pays to keep my job............I don't care who they are or what they are wearing or how loud their kids are crying as long as they can get to where they are going safely and happily.

Trailer Trash In the Back Of The Plane?
Lets get real here guys. Most regional pilots make a lot less than the "trailer trash" that we carry around. I guess the jokes on us because we work our ass off and invest 20-70k for the privelage of making 15-25k to start at any number of regionals. I would imagine regional pilots are the lowest paid white-collar employees in the world. It's freeking sad.... Of course our Mesa bro's are going to raise the bar...right?

Trash people

trash people make it easier to pick out other guys looking for a jump seat, they will normally be wearing a tie, and from what I have seen in the past few years, they are the only people on the airplane wearing a tie besides the pilot.

Even the rich folks can act like trailer trash.

Back when I commuted between LAX and DTW, I once jumpseated on a NWA DC-10 and ended up in a first class seat. Just prior to the door closing, in walked Kathy Ireland (yeah...the SI swimsuit model) with her two kids.

Let me tell you...first of all, kids younger than 10 should NOT be allowed in first class! Second, K.I. proceeded to allow her children to rip the in-flight magazines into the tiniest of pieces and scatter them throughout first class, laughing as they did so. I guess she thought they were being cute. When a FA asked her to control her children (as they were getting on many of the paying-passenger's nerves) she was scolded quite harshly by K.I. and was told in a rather mean way to "mind her own business." After they deplaned, I was absolutely astonished at the mess she had allowed her children to make.

What a nightmare!

B1900

Yeah, the pay is a laugh. At least it's starting to come up a bit. We're in contract negotiations, although I don't expect too much of a increase (although our company is having a RECORD year of profits) they are already crying the blues for the current economic climate.

Phishndave:

yeah, it's good to have pax, it's not good to constantly have to decide if someone is too drunk to let on the plane. Some of our gangster passengers are downright frighenting to the FA's, who only have each other once the door is closed...revenue passengers or not, there is more tension in the cabin and not just 9/11 concerns. We have done away with liquor kits in our planes, partly becaue the new breed of passenger was getting trashed and making a scene (didn't help that we always run late and have to comp drinks)

The company is supportive if you have to make a decision to put someone off, but that's not done lightly. Sometimes I think I should change our call sign from "Candler" to "Justice."

As for a dress code, I said that jokingly as obviously the current economy woudln't allow that.

pax

Although i can understand the sentiments behind this thread, i'm a little surprised to see it on the Regionals side. The Majors, ok, but the regionals? I'm sure the verteran pilots in the majors can remember an era of dinner served on china, and even coach passengers dressed in their best.

However, that was in an era where air travel for generally confined to the upper class. Today, we are mass transit, like it or not. personally i think that's okay, more people get to travel and see the world, even those of limited means. that's fantastic - democracy in action.

as for drawing the lowest common demoninator in terms of behavior, well, aside from the dress code, look at it from the pax point of view. everything about airline travel is a pain in the ass. parking at the airport, checking in (although the kiosks rock!), SECURITY, late flights, oversold flights, tiny seats, missed connections, having to go through newark to get from your home in the midwest to florida, waiting an hour for your bags, etc., etc., etc.

compare that to corporate/fractional aviation. the airplane starts when you get there, outstanding personal service, a luxurious, high-performance airplane, your own catering, no security, minimal delays in your travel time. you are in control of virtually everything...

if you really miss those days in the airlines, don't hold your breath waiting for them to come back. if a high-brow airline could support itself catering to the upper crust, someone would've doe it by now. but you could always send in a resume to NetJets....

Captainv

Latest resources

Back