TradeWinds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
federico said:
With all that flight time what would you ever come here. 121 capt 737. 17,000 to come to the second generation whale.
Supposedly going to add to the Airbus fleet also. Live 80 min. from GSO. Tired of the half-day one leg commutes that have turned into day and and a half two or more leg commutes. Want GSO base on the Airbus only. Currently on furlough.

Last edited:
With all that flight time what would you ever come here. 121 capt 737. 17,000 to come to the second generation whale.

Ya asked me the same a while ago.

Everbody have a different reason.

Hours is good but no guarantee of happiness.

Some of us have been around the block on once or twice and just looking for a temprorary home with a steady pay check.

Again, if I have to explain, ya probably won't get it anyway.....

Maybe theres some new info I dont know but Gso is the senior base If you ask my opinion thats the last one you will get. if your lucky maybe taipei or f/o miami 747 good luck.

CSY Mon said:
Ya asked me the same a while ago.

Some of us have been around the block on once or twice and just looking for a temprorary home with a steady pay check.

Given the atrocious attrition rate, "temporary" is very applicable.

Tradewinds is hiring 747 crews interviewing more crews next week. They want to hire people off the street to the 747 before giving the senior Airbus people the option. The word going around is the 747 crews dont want any Airbus crews to crossover since all the Bus guys are senior. Its their latest plant to keep 747 guys frm going elseware.

I was told in new hire class that the 2 airframes would be opereated with a different senority list, ie no more guy from the Airbus would be allowed to come over and if some were allowed they would start at the bottom of the current 747 list. A few came over earlier this year and a few of us ended up being furloughed because of it. Not to mention the fact there is a 36 month seat lock (or there is supposed to be). It shouldn't bother you Freddie, since you have about 1 yr to go.

The seat lock does not exist if not look at the last transition class case per case. TDX has one seniority list and one opec specs. Who ever told you that did not think before he said it. last I knew there was only one Tdx and I know of guys who have been on furlough longer than you have been at TDX.

federico said:
The seat lock does not exist if not look at the last transition class case per case. TDX has one seniority list and one opec specs.
What does ops specs have to do with a senority list. Not to mention the fact a senority list doesnt mean anything if you dont have a union with a contract. But failing to follow their own policy is a whole other matter.

federico said:
Who ever told you that did not think before he said it.
It was the previous chief pilot.

fedrico said:
I know of guys who have been on furlough longer than you have been at TDX.
Now your just making stuff up and I now guys that have been shot outta cannons for a living......what does that have to do with anything

Last edited:
No Im not. Just ask one of your senior CAPT QUALIFIED F/O or PFE. Some guys out of five years have been out a total of two.
And your previous question is simple. Have you ever heard a company that had one approved certificate and opecs and two seniority list.

federico said:
Have you ever heard a company that had one approved certificate and opecs and two seniority list.

Sure have, they are called Ryan International.

Latest resources

Back