TradeWinds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thedude said:
Sure have, they are called Ryan International.
Pace Airlines had essentially the same. If you were on the 737 you could not bid the 757 unless, they absoutely could not get enough new hires(which never happened). If you were on the 757, there was no way you could get on the 737, even as a Capt. upgrade.

Where do they fly? Can trips start from outside the U.S or do they always start and end in the U.S?

federico said:
Question for Noahawerka. Did they do any technical questions in your interview
Nothing on the tech side. It was mostly a "meet & greet" type thing to see if you might fit into their operation. Personal chat type stuff about yourself. If they like what they see your name will be thrown into a pool for future reference. When they actually start hiring that is where they will hire from.

They said today 8 crews. That will be 8 crews Southern and Focus will have to choose from.

Done yet ??

One guy I know there told me that TDX has a severe attrition problem on the 747 side. Something on the order of 40%. Many have left to go to Focus, Southern, and Kallitta. That blown-up engine and hull loss in Medellin in combo with losing crews to other 747 companies makes you wonder what's going on there.

Is this outfit done yet or are they still hanging on??????

Actually to my surprise the company and its complete new management team is little by little calling people back by seniority and integrating them into the 747 program. Last 2 classes all A300 people. I was called back for the A300 but took the bypass option. The word is a new contract on the bus for Lan Chile out of Mia

The Airbus side was furloughing while the 747 side was seeing very high rates of resignations (about a third of the Captains, plus some FOs) just in the last 2-3 months. That is why they're bringing the Airbus pilots over, who are senior to most of the 747 hires.

Reports are the operation has deteriorated even farther under the new ops management.

Latest resources

Back