Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NoahWerka

Happily Unemployed User
Anybody know anything about TradeWinds Airlines out of GSO? Did a search, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on them.

There should be plenty of postings on this forum about Tradewinds (TDX)

Try that search again....:D

A buddy of mine's friend was a 747 captain there. Last week he just up an quit Tradewinds. He got a job outside of aviation. If a guy is willing to quit a 747 captain job, that should tell you something about the type of operation Tradewinds is.

Interrviewed with them today. Normal stuff. The only news is that the previous mgt.crowd hired a bunch of low time pilots. Some of them can't even upgrade for a while. Now they are looking for experienced pilots in the 9-18k hour range to bring the average TT of their pilots up. Three days of interviews with 4-5 prospective new-hires each day for a pilot pool. Primiarily looking for 47 pilots, but they will expand their Airbus fleet soon. They e-mail a bunch of forms to fill out, so the paper work is just a quick check to make sure everything is filled out correctly. Then a 2 on 1 talk with the CP and Asst.CP, and a 1 on 1 with the DO. They expect to start a class in July.

Well that's good news for those of us who work there, anyway. More hiring is always good. Also I have never heard of anything called an "assistant chief pilot." Do you mean a program manager?

Last edited:
47 pilots??? where did this come from? They have always been a small operation and just lost a 742

big_al said:
47 pilots??? where did this come from? They have always been a small operation and just lost a 742

Not sure, but I believe that he said that they are looking for "47 pilots" that means that they are looking for 'B-747 pilots' and not that they are looking for "47" individual pilots. Duh!

Good thing that he did not say, they are looking for "74 pilots" (as I have also heard it referenced), then you would think that they were doing some Big Time Hiring. lol

I believe it is just 'pilot shorthand'

Big time hiring.

PlaneDrvr,

Did you say 74 pilots?!? Well, heck I better get my stuff in to them quick!

Latest resources

Back