Tradewinds..the latest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lufthansa B727 said:
If Tom Kittridge is the Chief Pilot there, then he must run Tradewinds like he operated at Connie Kalitta. A true scum bag operation.

Now I know us damn Yanks are not as perfect as you 'goose stepping morons', but why do you have a bug up your ass about US Cargo ops? I guess there is nothing like being on the government doll (for retirement) to make you totally out of touch with reality. And WTF is up with SIX weeks of sick time. No wonder your economy is in the crapper.

Ill Mitch said:
Just had a bro get picked up by Tradewinds. He is really looking forward to it. ?

What was he hired into and what is his base? Did they say anthing about his schedule?

I have an interview set up for this Sat. I have a few questions:
What are you hiring for? A300 or 74?

What is the 1st year FO pay. I keep hearing that AirlinePilotCentral.com is wrong.

Are there any travel benefits for spouse/family?

Is upgrade seniority based or primarily ability based?

Any pointers for the interview?

Thanks in advance.

mvedepo said:
I have an interview set up for this Sat. I have a few questions:
What are you hiring for? A300 or 74?

What is the 1st year FO pay. I keep hearing that AirlinePilotCentral.com is wrong.

Are there any travel benefits for spouse/family?

Is upgrade seniority based or primarily ability based?

Any pointers for the interview?

Thanks in advance.

1. Dont know what they are interviewing for, last class or two has been all 747 though.

2. 1st year FO is $55/hr on the 'Bus. I understand the 747 has a $10 override. A300 ops in Asia also have a $10/hr override. Per diem is $2/hr domestic/$3/hr intl. Training pay is $500/wk + $1/hr per diem during ground school/sim (24 hr/day).

3. Spouse/family receive free access to all major airline websites where tickets may be purchased at no discount whatsoever. In other words...no travel bennies.

4. the impression I have got during 5 months in the training pipeline is that upgrades are roughly based on seniority, but upgrades out of seniority are done based on experience/skill, etc.

5. Interview is very low stress. Nice folks just trying to see if you can put up with this kind of lifestyle. Go to airlineinterviews.com the latest Tradewinds info is accurate as of March.

Good Luck!

What are the 74 routes like?

Last edited:
I just finished my sim for the 747 check on FRI and I don't know what my base is yet. I assume I will find that out after I finish IOE. Then again there is a rumor of another base coming next year. Who knows could be true. So far only MIA and LAX for the 747.

MIA is all reserve since the customer chooses the aircraft type at the last minute according to load. No scheduled lines.

LAX is all scheduled lines.

Typically 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off at both bases.

This flying is not for the feint at heart, the weak, or those inexperienced flying heavy aircraft. Quick or direct upgrade pilots have lots of heavy jet international experience with many already having 747 flying time and type ratings.

Lots of tiring, back-side of the clock flying, too.

Is GSO a pilot base at all????

Is this the right webpage? It appears to me "missing" alot of information...or do I have the wrong address?

Yup, the right wegpage, but it is under construction....Low prioroty I guess.

Not sure about details on hireing or bases, especially A-300.

BUT, heard they have Fort Wayne as a base, as well as GSO.

On the 747, MIA goes junior, unless ya live in the area...Then ya sit reserve @ home.

Commuters like the scheduled flying in LAX and it has been senior for a while.

Either way, Tradewinds pay yer hotel room in base and per-diem.

(747....Don't know about the bus)

A-300 S.O. upgrade times?

Have an interview scheduled for an A-300 SO spot at Tradewinds in a couple days. Any idea on upgrade time to the right seat? Currently in the left seat of a B-1900, 4100 TT. Not sure if this would be a good career choice or not. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back