Tradewinds..the latest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
marcusaurelious said:
Have an interview scheduled for an A-300 SO spot at Tradewinds in a couple days. Any idea on upgrade time to the right seat? Currently in the left seat of a B-1900, 4100 TT. Not sure if this would be a good career choice or not. Thanks.

As far as the career choice, it depends on your goals. I can't imagine that A-300 time would hurt you. If you are worried about PIC time, I'm still not sure that T Prop time has much meaning anymore. There are so many "kids" out there building time in RJ's. Also, many people are quite happy with a ACMI career. There aren't that many options out there anymore.

Hey Marc,

Are you interviewing in GSO or at the Career fair?

marcusaurelious said:
GSO. Any furlough info/history out there about Tradewinds? Thanks in advance.

I dont know the history, but I do know they were overstaffed this summer, and instead of furloughing they just cut back the schedules. I may be wrong, but it doesnt seem like the kind of place that furloughs at the drop of a hat, they seem more interested in finding a solution to keep everyone onboard.

Good Luck

Ha ha! Ask the people who were furloughed on X-mas eve a few years ago (with no notice) if Tradewinds furloughs people...:rolleyes:

There are always options out there. Don't lower youself to Tradewinds level.
Well, I did....Lowered myself to Tradewind's level.

Not a bad place to work, at least in my book.

The pay check is fairly consistent, the airlplanes are fairly clean, then pay is not bad, not good, but considering the times, we have plenty Delta pilots, plenty AA pilots, plenty TWA pilots, USAir pilots, etc happy to work here and see a pay check kick in every 2 weeks...:D

So Mr. have a pension: Uh, where should we stop the downward spiral before we get to Tradewinds?
Would you like to pay my bills in the meantime..? Or are ya just a big mouth and a small dick with nothing but a 'puter keyboard to play with..?

[Ha ha! Ask the people who were furloughed on X-mas eve a few years ago (with no notice) if Tradewinds furloughs people...:rolleyes:
/QUOTE]

Ough,.. that would hurt.

Not sure that Tradewinds would be the one and only one to furlough....

I was furloughed from AA (The airline, not the drinking club) a couple of years ago...Even had furlough protection, A scale and flow back benefits....And it happened close to Christmas....:rolleyes:

Never ever got furloughed from Evergreen, ye those guys have a bad reputation of furloughing on a moments notice.
Timing is the secret..

Got furloughed from Coastal Aviation in Alaska years ago,,Shat hippens.

Got furloughed twice from Tower Air...Them guys did not blink an eye, cut the junior guys loose with the first sign of clouds on the horizon.

(One of the hardest things I have done on the line was to tell my F/O and F/E that they were on the furlough list..This after we landed in TLV and I checked in with ops, got the news, then called my crew and room-service..Got some vodka and O/J to soften the blow, then told 'em gently that I had bad news.
Promised to write good letters of recommedation, but they had bills to pay NOW, not months later...No smiles or good jokes that evening....)

Only been with Tradewinds Airlines 9 months and have not see any furloughs, but trying to prepare for the just that in the future...It is all a matter of money in the bank or not.

Not quite there yet, but then again, don't have a $49,000 Merc E-320 in the driveway, just a $14,500 Chevy pick-up truck...

Wish I could elevate myself to the companies that don't furlough these days, perhaps "pension" could help out as he seem to have connections....:D

Yeah what is the Latest?

So what is the latest at Tradewinds? Did you guys get the rumored 5,6,7 747 airframes yet? Any classes planned? You guys making money? Do the MIA guys fly South America? Any good layovers?

Heck I am full of questions! Just curious what is the LATEST?

Yup, we fly South America....Every day then some

# 4 Big Boeing should be on the property this month...perhaps #5 later this year.
Classes going now and then.

We making money?

I think so, 'cause the boss says so.

Not much but more than some.

What is the latest....?

Dunno, but jump in the, the water is warm.

Latest resources

Back