Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bafanguy

Good morning from the Land of the Perpetual X- Day,

I see that Tradewinds Airlines is hiring pilots and it occurs to me that I know absolutely nothing about this company except that they've been around for a long time in relative anonymity. If I remember, they used to have those swing-tail CL-44 freighters there in GSO but now have A300 and L1011's. Are they Part 125 or 121 ? Are they just a well-kept secret ? Where do they fly ? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. Got to go get my third cup of coffee...

bafanguy said:
Good morning from the Land of the Perpetual X- Day,

I see that Tradewinds Airlines is hiring pilots and it occurs to me that I know absolutely nothing about this company except that they've been around for a long time in relative anonymity. If I remember, they used to have those swing-tail CL-44 freighters there in GSO but now have A300 and L1011's. Are they Part 125 or 121 ? Are they just a well-kept secret ? Where do they fly ? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. Got to go get my third cup of coffee...
A buddy of mine was called this morning for an interview. I'll post what he finds out.

xdays

Post your buddy stats too...curious to see what TW is looking for.

They must be a well-kept secret, cause I couldn't find out much about them back when I was flying alot and considering the PFE thing (note ... I did NOT mis-type PFT :D ). I live in Greensboro, and I work just down the road from the maintenance hanger and the corporate office, and I had contacts among the old Blue Bell/Tradewinds crowd. They were only flying the A300s then, including two from the ICC contract in Canada (still painted in ICC colors), but I think they have again started flying one L1011 freighter since.

I always thought it'd be kinda cool to fly an L1011, even if it meant four or five years on the panel first. I could do that. :)

Minh

Last edited:
Thedude,

The guy you asked about is an early-retired DAL guy with a -1011 rating. I told him about the job after I applied...and HE gets the call and I don't. But...when they get MD80's...I'm in there, man !!!

My buddy interviewed with them last week for Boeing 747-200 position. He told me that TW is getting few 747!!!!

I tried to call him but he is out of the country..flying.
can anyone confirm the news?

MK777,

I sort of heard the 747 rumor also...from another source...just a rumor as far as I know.

They've got plenty of contracts on the A300 B4 and China is starting to explode now. They've got 2 paid for 747-200's and are hiring now. China 28 on 28 off on the A300 8 on 8 off on the 747. Hiring freight dogs and experience and previous captains can get left seat off the street.

Latest resources

Back