• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tough Times for Independence

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well thats one of the more ignorant posts i've read lately. I do not wish unemployment on any pilot - however I have said from the beginning that Independence is not going to work. Heres a question for you - if you can only scrounge up 45% loads even with all the money that you all have spent on advertising what makes you think that just because you have an airbus or two people will suddenly flock to your airline. You have already proven that simply having the lowest fares will not make people flock to your airline - having a bigger airplane isn't going to change that. It just means that you will have more open seats.

There really aren't many healthy airlines right now - the difference is that the majors have larger cash reserve to continue operating on and they have an estabilshed brand identity - you all have neither. However this is all just business and should not be made personal (we are all pilots after all) and to wish unemployment on the rest of us just because your gamble isn't working out is just plain rude.

Just in case you decided to look at my profile I am a former Blueridger and I put my money where my mouth is - I quit and went to another airline because I thought Independence was doomed from the beginning.

I am tired of hearing about the whole Mesa episode. All I ever hear is that if you all didn't do it then you would have been bought by JO. Seems to me that that was averted well before the launch of Independence and was never really a risk anyway with the posion pill clauses that existed at the time. You all wanted to go down on your feet and now the market is simply giving you that opportunity - be careful what you wish for. I really do wish you all the best of luck since many of my friends are still there but the future is uncertain for you at best.

Twotter76

DirkkDiggler said:
No, I mean American and Frank Lorenzo. It's because of Lorenzo that Southwest has limits on where it can fly nonstop out of Dallas Love Field.
Sorry about the thread drift but.....Lorenzo had very little to do with the limits imposed on Southwest--or anybody flying out of Love on jets with more than 56 seats. The Wright amendment was brought upon by the city of Ft. Worth because they were pissed that they bucked up all this $$ for DFW, and airlines were still choosing DAL Love which was inconvienient for the Ft. worth public. Also, it was Braniff that was giving SWA all the legal heartache about Love, not AA. After Braniff was gone, AA knida took the legal battle torch from Braniff, but that was much more recently.

Good luck to Indy,

Dear Tom,

Thank you for furloughing me early last year so I could gain seniority at another airline while I sit back and watch them squash US Air and ATA.....Thank God I fly for strong airline like CAL.................all the way to Mexico and Back.......

We will all see what happens...........

Last edited:
"Just in case you decided to look at my profile I am a former Blueridger and I put my money where my mouth is - I quit and went to another airline because I thought Independence was doomed from the beginning."

Twotter76,

Did you quit or were you furloughed?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back