• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Touch-down vs communicating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tower gave you "long, complex taxi instructions" 3 times during a landing roll out? How long did you roll that RJ out anyway?

I call shenanigans. I think maybe once you got a call earlier than you wanted and blew that up to this stupid story. Sorry, your story makes no sense. I'm all for the motto that the facts should never get in the way of a good story...but that's the point. It needs to be a good story. This one is obviously false.

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

To the tower crew in Albany awhile ago, I was pic in 750 flying right seat, bored, missed the landing clearance while going from approach to tower. Switching to ground realized never heard cleared to land. Thanks, it happens

Did the same thing at RSW a while back. Called the tower on the land line (with my tail between my legs) and he said,

" You saw the green light I gave you didn't you?"

"Uh....oh...yeah....yeah....I sure did!"

And he chuckles.

Controllers have given me far more breaks then I probably deserve so I've always tried to cut them some slack.

Did the same thing at RSW a while back. Called the tower on the land line (with my tail between my legs) and he said,

" You saw the green light I gave you didn't you?"

"Uh....oh...yeah....yeah....I sure did!"

And he chuckles.

Controllers have given me far more breaks then I probably deserve so I've always tried to cut them some slack.

Agreed. The respect goes both ways.

Latest resources

Back