• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Too good to be true?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do what ever it takes too get a full time flying job. Give it some time, There are jobs out there. If your not 100% sure about the job now, wait a few months. It will come around sooner than you think!

good luck

ps--TXflyer, I love reading your posts. I know your just full of BS, It makes my reserve day go by faster..thanks again----

Keep working at it.

You have to survive first, you dont want to end up with AIDS (Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrom).

There are some 135 operators out there that could care less if you survive or not, I speak from experience.

Like others said, "Your" flying job will come around eventually. This is not a good time to take the 135 job and then get layed off and then you have nothing to fall back on.

Maybe you can work out a deal with the FBO you are working for incase they dont end up using you alot for the flying job.

Do what your instinct tells you, good luck with your decision.

LR25

My boss told me that he REALLY needed a King Air SIC a while back, so I introduced a friend who was SIC current through the same FSDO, and in need of work.

Last month, he flew.

Twice.

Now, he is starting Lear indoc with another operator, just down the ramp, on Monday.

You have to be aware that many people will tell you what they think you need to hear in order to have you on hand, ready to meet their needs. Your needs are usually not an issue for them.

Watch your six.

Checks, No it isn't Airnet. I don't believe the company that hired me pays anything other than when you fly.

Thanks everyone for all of the advice. I don't want to quit anything that I am doing until the right full-time job comes around. I still need to talk to the chief pilot this week and find out the whole story. If I cannot get all of my questions answered I am going to send them back their poh and ops handbook, and call it quits there.

FL000 said:
Bobby,

I should have made it clear that my prior comment was not directed at you, lest you think it was. It was more at those who think money will buy them satisfaction in life. It doesn't.

No, I didn't take it that way at all. I agree wholeheartedly with your second sentence. Paralegal work certainly puts food on my table and pays my bills. I'm treated fairly at my office, which I certainly was not for many of my days in aviation. But . . . . it ain't flying!! :)

From what I understand, 135 companies, especially freight couriers, will put pilots on a 'relief' position at first, until a full time run opens up. They usually are only on relief for a couple weeks, however, the way things are now, I don't know if runs will open up as quickly as they did a year ago. Remember, however, airlines like previous 121 or 135 experience, not all instructing time. So If I were you I'd take the job and start building that experience. You will get a full time run soon .. dont worry :) But note I am a student pilot, and no expert, however I do keep up with things and talk to people :D

I dunnooo

Fellas,

I'm a pilot for FedEx. I know all about paying one's dues and the struggle to get to the majors (instructing, night freight, commuters and a furlough from US Air). My point is; my brother is a lawyer, he's 29 and hates it. He graduated number 8 in his class. He works 10-14 hour days six days a week and isn't making 60G a year. Not to offend anyone but unless your daddy owns the firm you're probably not going to be making 125K a year untill you have been there for some time.

NTSing

Lawyer pay

Good posts above. The lower pay and hard work are more the norm than the exception. However, if you graduate number one from Harvard Law, you can just about write your own ticket.

The legal research and errand-running are all part of training, as new lawyers learn the nuts and bolts of practicing law. They are assigned research because they're fresh off it from law school and are up on it (although if you heard my wife, the law librarian, talk about how helpless some of the summer law clerks and new associates are with legal research, you wouldn't believe it).

Good thing Kit Darby isn't sounding off about a lawyer shortage. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My sis, Graduated from Gonzaga Law 2 years ago.
She thinks pilots are overrated.

I love the conflict!!!!!!!!!

Prove her wrong ---Flyboys

Latest resources

Back