• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tonight: airline executives sky-high compensation on PBS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope...but that is funny. Last deal: Bought house for 113K, put in $65, sold for $247K. Do that 3 or 4 times a year easily. I try to work only M-Th...dosent always happen though. Take one week vacation per qtr also. (Last week, some nice US Airways pilots flew me to FL...thanks guys)

By the way, whats wrong with selling Mary Kay?

Not to mention (i could be wrong) but on that 69K profit don't you only have to pay the 15% capital gains tax and not the regular tax bracket?

SAwmill, ummm correct me if i'm wrong. if you don't want to be a pilot, get of this website and go make all of your (easy) money! thanks for all the good advice. wish i would've thought of it first!!!

SAwmill, ummm correct me if i'm wrong. if you don't want to be a pilot, get of this website and go make all of your (easy) money! thanks for all the good advice. wish i would've thought of it first!!!

Im still a pilot...but now a happier, richer, and smarter pilot. As far as capital gains goes, I absolutely have to pay more in taxes...wouldnt you want to have that problem though?
Its amazing how people can so easily justify staying so miserable. The whole point of me posting was to try to let you all know there is a better way. My goal once was to fly for the majors...and yeah, it would have been pretty nice to have made it to that goal, but at what cost? Although it appeared to be me bragging, it was not...anyone can do what I did...and it rely was not that difficult...my CFI checkride was harder.
This web site is full of everyones opinions, and this is just mine. Feel free to ignore, ridicule, bad mouth me...I dont care. Just as you can take comfort in everyone elses dispair...thats a much easier path to take.
I hope nothing but the best for all of you but you make your beds...

Im still a pilot...but now a happier, richer, and smarter pilot. As far as capital gains goes, I absolutely have to pay more in taxes...wouldnt you want to have that problem though?
Its amazing how people can so easily justify staying so miserable. The whole point of me posting was to try to let you all know there is a better way. My goal once was to fly for the majors...and yeah, it would have been pretty nice to have made it to that goal, but at what cost? Although it appeared to be me bragging, it was not...anyone can do what I did...and it rely was not that difficult...my CFI checkride was harder.
This web site is full of everyones opinions, and this is just mine. Feel free to ignore, ridicule, bad mouth me...I dont care. Just as you can take comfort in everyone elses dispair...thats a much easier path to take.
I hope nothing but the best for all of you but you make your beds...

The point of the thread is the inequity of the airline industry and what can be done to change it, not for you to tell everyone else what a big deal house flipper you are.

:rolleyes:

The point of the thread is the inequity of the airline industry and what can be done to change it, not for you to tell everyone else what a big deal house flipper you are.

:rolleyes:
Granted. And who cares, other than me, about me. But if you honestly think discussing anything on a BB is going to make a difference, than you are sadly mistaken. The airlines are a business and they will do whatever they have to do to turn a profit...just like any other business. If you really want to change the way capitalism works, then surrender your ALPA card and blue collar, become a suit and try.
So its your choice...be miserable or be happy.
(And by the way, if you want to get under my skin, keep calling me a house flipper...those clowns on tv dont know what they are doing and I have a GC license.hahaha)

Granted. And who cares, other than me, about me. But if you honestly think discussing anything on a BB is going to make a difference, than you are sadly mistaken. The airlines are a business and they will do whatever they have to do to turn a profit...just like any other business. If you really want to change the way capitalism works, then surrender your ALPA card and blue collar, become a suit and try.
(And by the way, if you want to get under my skin, keep calling me a house flipper...those clowns on tv dont know what they are doing and I have a GC license.hahaha)

Discussing it won't, but neither will your tales of schlepping houses.

And I'm not miserable, so I wouldn't make any presumptions otherwise.

Discussing it won't, but neither will your tales of schlepping houses.

And I'm not miserable, so I wouldn't make any presumptions otherwise.
(Im laughing as i write this) The only time I schlep is on my way to the bank. So you are the exception...along with a handful of others Im sure. But I am wondering just how you are going to change the system. I wont argue with you...whats good for you is not for me and visa versa.

Live a very modest lifestyle and no job, flying or otherwise, will ever rule you.

If you really want to change the way capitalism works, then surrender your ALPA card and blue collar, become a suit and try.

what are you talking about? corporate greed and stealing of profits has what to do with capitalism? that isn't changing the way capitalism works, thats called changing the way people think capitalism works

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back