• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today's Update from NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I disagree; it looks quite clear to me. Had IBB, which included a fair Integration LOA, not taken place in '07 then NJASAP would now be gearing up for negotiations which very likely could have started early next year...:eek: I seriously doubt we would have seen a furlough mitigation package and we'd have been lucky to retain status quo on the contract. We should all be thankful that a strong labor-management working relationship has had a positive influence on how events transpired--in 2007 and recently. NJW

Im sure it would look good to your brain washed mind. Pilots on the road see it alot different.

Im sure it would look good to your brain washed mind. Pilots on the road see it alot different.

What are you talking about? The folks I've flown with have been in almost complete agreement that the IBB turned out to be a pretty good thing. We all agree there are still some problems, but most seem pretty happy that we aren't going into negotiations in a year or two.

Of course, my results are unscientific as well as yours, but I'm not hearing much (any, really) grousing about IBB right now.

Most of what I've heard in the way of complaints center more around compliance with certain sections of the IBB contract (both with management and the union) rather than any other type of discontent with the package itself.

the Stewards at NJASAP do not defend bad behavior. They give pilots accused of such experienced help to present their side of the story. They are by the side of the pilot so no one ever feels threatened by a team of managers on the other side of a table. They make sure management does it's due diligence to gather all the facts and not act on a whim. They provide an opportunity through arbitration for pilots who think they have been unfairly wronged to have their day in court. Without Stewards the company would practice 'guilty until proven innocent'. On the rare occasion when a pilot is terminated they stand beside them and ensure they are treated with dignity and respect.

or, you can choose to go it alone...........good luck.

Ok - I will bite - how does it look to pilots on the road in a not so scientific survey?

Realityman too, read the message boards. The gripes I'm talking about are all there. NJI integration- unfair. A and B scale for crew bases- unfair. Some seniority issues. Stuff like that. For the most part people are content. What I see is when the union will not admit for one second that they could have done better. I have laughed heartily at some of the defenses. I for once would just like to hear a ...... yeah we sure F-ed that up. Never have seen it once. Just attacks a the people who bring up the points.

And you all may be comfortable having best friends on opposite sides of the table. Makes me cringe.

Brainwashed?! Hardly...:rolleyes: Those who follow this board closely will recall that I had long decried the low wages of NJ FOs and hated the domicile system. I saw IBB as an opportunity to improve the lives of the NJ pilots and their families and I posted that belief at that time--frequently. I also pointed out that supporting IBB then would encourage Company-Union partnership on projects going forward. IBB passed by a wide margin (low 80s) so obviously my view of it as progress was shared by the vast majority of NJ pilots and their spouses.

Brainwashed?! Hardly...:rolleyes: Those who follow this board closely will recall that I had long decried the low wages of NJ FOs and hated the domicile system. I saw IBB as an opportunity to improve the lives of the NJ pilots and their families and I posted that belief at that time--frequently. I also pointed out that supporting IBB then would encourage Company-Union partnership on projects going forward. IBB passed by a wide margin (low 80s) so obviously my view of it as progress was shared by the vast majority of NJ pilots and their spouses.

Release the vice grip on your husbands nuts and let him post. I can respect his opinion as a line pilot. Your opinions carry no weight here. With me, or alot of the pilots on this board. But by all means blab on. I know you will.

Realityman too, read the message boards. The gripes I'm talking about are all there. NJI integration- unfair. A and B scale for crew bases- unfair. Some seniority issues. Stuff like that. For the most part people are content. What I see is when the union will not admit for one second that they could have done better. I have laughed heartily at some of the defenses. I for once would just like to hear a ...... yeah we sure F-ed that up. Never have seen it once. Just attacks a the people who bring up the points.

And you all may be comfortable having best friends on opposite sides of the table. Makes me cringe.

NJI LOA virtually guarantees something that was not. The most oft complained about point is the fact that senior pilots have to go GIV to get GV. The Union gets your point. The Company was not going to budge on that fact. The VSL is essentially the same as Allegheny-Mohawk. If you want a staple, it was not going to happen per the courts. I suppose at the end of the day you would have preferred this travel the way of the Single Carrier Petition - no guarantees in that route that the government would have even agreed with the NJASAP position and all could have been lost.

You have no idea who sits on what side of the table, under what circumstances, what is said to who, and who are "friends" and not. The reality is that you have not a clue what you are talking about on most of what you are saying.

Last edited:
Release the vice grip on your husbands nuts and let him post. Those who don't know who I'm married to won't get the irony involved, but the disrespect of this uncalled for remark is easily noted. I can respect his opinion as a line pilot. The pilotgroup has had plenty of opportunities to do so in a variety of different projects, situations, and forums over the last 5 years. Your opinions carry no weight here. With me, or alot of the pilots on this board. Respectful posters allow others to speak for themselves. But by all means blab on. I know you will.

Being an informed wife makes me an easy target for those so inclined, especially when I debate effectively. And you accuse others of attacking those who bring up points...:rolleyes: Discerning readers won't miss the hypocrisy in your posts. In your eyes I've gone from being brainwashed to holding a vice grip on my husband-- in the space of two posts. :rolleyes: I'm comfortable leaving it to the readers to decide whose posts carry weight and have validity in the topics debated.

At least my opinions are respectful, consistent...and mainstream...:cool:

Latest resources

Back