Today at BTR

BE200Driver

Total Time
Guess nobody noticed that rescue truck there huh?

LJ45

Total Time
BE200Driver said:
Guess nobody noticed that rescue truck there huh?

He was only a few miles from the airport...after he ran out of fuel yesterday.
They had trouble trying to get it back to the airport, so he convinced them to let him take off. The problem is, he back taxied past the point in which he was suppose to start his take off roll. People tried to stop him to no avail!

Dangerkitty

Total Time
Why oh why does anyone (hint, hint FAA) let some moron take off that just landed becuase he couldn't do simple math.

This moron deserves to have his plane totalled.

Hopefully no one was hurt. Well it would be nice for the pilot to have some head trauma. (Then maybe the sense would be knocked back into him)

FlyFlyFly

Registered Offender
Total Time
That has to rank among the absolute most idiotic things I have ever seen.

I am speechless.

bigD

Total Time
4.9e17
LMAO!

I'm sorry, I laugh only because nobody was hurt. But my God, what a dumb*ss.

Dangerkitty

Total Time
Please, please, please!!! Maybe his CFI is here!!!

What a moron. Please anyone who knows him, PLEASE KICK HIM IN THE LIVER!!

falconpilot

Total Time
I cracked up when I saw that!!! What a dumba$$.... First you run out of gas then you run your wing into a 18 wheeler!!! Those cessna's have a couple of blind spots you know!!! Its also sometimes hard to see an 18 wheeler when your head is in your a$$!!!!! Atleast he walked away....

helimech

Total Time
Nope
Dangerkitty said:
Why oh why does anyone (hint, hint FAA) let some moron take off that just landed becuase he couldn't do simple math.

Hopefully no one was hurt. Well it would be nice for the pilot to have some head trauma. (Then maybe the sense would be knocked back into him)

I hope they DON'T total it, then he'd get a really nice big check from the insurance company for probably way more than the 210 is worth. I hope they pay to have it fixed so it'll be down for maintenance for 4-5 months while he wants to go on his little golfing trips. Obviously he needs to be re-educated on flight planning. I can't figure out why people can't figure out that their engines need "fuel" to run and get them from point A to B without ending up at C (Crash). what an IDIOT!!!

xdrvr

Total Time
Dangerkitty said:
Please, please, please!!! Maybe his CFI is here!!!

What a moron. Please anyone who knows him, PLEASE KICK HIM IN THE LIVER!!

ARe you kidding? If I was his CFI I would ignore him like a red headed step child and take no responsibility for his mental challenges

Dangerkitty

Total Time
xdrvr said:
ARe you kidding? If I was his CFI I would ignore him like a red headed step child and take no responsibility for his mental challenges

Well OK. But can anyone please just kick the idiot in the Liver? Diesel? Please?

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Total Time
Dangerkitty said:

He deserves a little more than that, like to have is ticket permanently revoked. You eluded to my main question... Who gave this guy "permission" to take off... I can't imagine it was an FAA inspector. Had to have been some idiot local "official" .

landlover

Total Time
5000+
you guys think the insurance will cover such an act? I wouldn't think so, taking off from a city street. Why the hell didnt he ask them to clear the street of all vehicles at least?

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Total Time
landlover said:
you guys think the insurance will cover such an act? I wouldn't think so, taking off from a city street. Why the hell didnt he ask them to clear the street of all vehicles at least?

I can't imagine the insurance picking up the tab on this one. It's a pretty cut and dry example of a 91.13 broadcast on television. I'm not sure how the insurance works (never had an aviation claim/knock on wood)... They may cover it, but then immediately refuse to underwrite another policy.

FlyFlyFly

Registered Offender
Total Time
Insurance usually does not cover other than "normal" operations. I am not sure that they would cover claims from reckless actions either. Maybe there is an underwriter on here that may enlighten us. I pray he DOES NOT get his claim approved. I would hate to think that my insurance premiums would go to encourage more stupidity like this.

CL604DRVR

Total Time
Enough
The text says that the airplane would not fit on the flatbed truck, which is why he was trying to fly it out. Then how come it did fit on the truck after the second mishap. Stupidity like this is priceless.