• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To those pilots who own a house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you want good info on anything to do with real estate go to www.activerain.com . It's a web site of realtors and other pros who blog and discuss anything to do with real estate, financing, foreclosures, short-sales, etc. They are enthusiastic, helpful and actually have experience and knowledge about the topics they discuss. It's like FI.com of real estate except they are actually professionals that know their business, and every thread doesn't degrade to immature, useless bashing. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Why did you buy a home/property that was nearly $2000 a month to begin with when you clearly could not afford it should you have to go back to a minimum guarantee paycheck? Now, the rest of the US taxpayers take the brunt of this - along with medicaid, welfare, and every other easy out program that is out there.

At 31% you were not technically qualified to buy that house. PITI payments should be no more than 28%, and most good financial advisors say 25% with a 15 year mortgage. Your REALTOR and your lender did you wrong. If The gov't bought down your mortgage to make the payments affordable, or put any money into the home for you, you could owe Uncle Barack the equity when you sell to make up the difference. They are now part owners and have interest in your home.

At 31% you were not technically qualified to buy that house. PITI payments should be no more than 28%, and most good financial advisors say 25% with a 15 year mortgage. Your REALTOR and your lender did you wrong. If The gov't bought down your mortgage to make the payments affordable, or put any money into the home for you, you could owe Uncle Barack the equity when you sell to make up the difference. They are now part owners and have interest in your home.

Exactly right! Unfortunately those same people who never could afford the house in the first place(bought above their means) are now the one's crying for help.

I think you lay the blame too much on REALTORS and lenders. They are supposed to represent you, but at the same time want the deal to close....maybe conflicting interests??? Absolutely! Where was the personal responsibility of the buyer to figure out a proper budget and then READ THE MORTGAGE DOCUMENTS at closing? Apparently it was nonexistent, probably clouded by judgement to get something they really wanted...a house they could not afford.

Exactly right! Unfortunately those same people who never could afford the house in the first place(bought above their means) are now the one's crying for help.

I think you lay the blame too much on REALTORS and lenders. They are supposed to represent you, but at the same time want the deal to close....maybe conflicting interests??? Absolutely! Where was the personal responsibility of the buyer to figure out a proper budget and then READ THE MORTGAGE DOCUMENTS at closing? Apparently it was nonexistent, probably clouded by judgement to get something they really wanted...a house they could not afford.

I agree with you totally. And now those same people don't qualify to refi because lenders are back to doing what they should've been doing all along; prequalifying buyers.

You gotta love those strict constitutionalist who love to quote John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. Ya, lets turn back the clock two hundred years and take away civil rights, womens voting rights and all the other progress that wasn't in the original constitution. But hey, if your god says it's so, then it must be so.

You gotta love those strict constitutionalist who love to quote John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. Ya, lets turn back the clock two hundred years and take away civil rights, womens voting rights and all the other progress that wasn't in the original constitution. But hey, if your god says it's so, then it must be so.

Gotta love them as much as contemporary progressives that prefer to interpret the meaning of the sections in the Constitution they don't like based on today's "popular" ideology...

You gotta love those strict constitutionalist who love to quote John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. Ya, lets turn back the clock two hundred years and take away civil rights, womens voting rights and all the other progress that wasn't in the original constitutionNICE SPIN!. But hey, if your god says it's so, then it must be so.

Ok genius, I asked b!tch what quote is outdated...no response. I'll ask you, which one of the quotes doesn't apply in 2009?

How about those social programs you referenced earlier? Wanna continue? Social security? How's that gonna look after the baby boomer generation? Cash for clunkers...yeah, real successful. A 1 month increase in auto sales volume, how's it look now? Oh well, it's was free tax money to help out the environment, right? Now if we can only get China and India's polution under control:rolleyes: While were on the subject of cars, how's the Auto bailout working? At least congress has a good grasp on how they want to handle health insurance:smash:...In other news...N.Korea and Iran continue to get closer to developing nuclear weapons(with Russia's help), as the U.S. looks the other way.

Last edited:
Sadly for you the people spoke last November in favor of government. If YOU hate government so much you don't need to live in the U.S. I hear Somalia has little government AND great beaches!

Sadly for you the people spoke last November in favor of government. If YOU hate government so much you don't need to live in the U.S. I hear Somalia has little government AND great beaches!

Ok, explain this, genius...http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ministration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

People feel mislead and will vote accordingly next time around.

I'm not a coward like those in Hollywood who said they'd leave the country if Bush won. I love my country and will stay and voice my opinion at the direction our leaders are taking Her. That's what this country was built on! It's funny, your weak statements are backed by nothing but idiotic BS. You have yet to show any facts behind your rhetoric.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back