• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To the AirTran Guys.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There will be no changes until the guys that have had a strangle hold on NPA leadership are ALL handed their hats.

We have a very deep bench, provided that guys are still willing to participate in union work.

People who have no business in or around the NPA office in ANY CAPACITY:

Skipper Hyle
Brad Dunlap
Laura Backus
Noel Poirier
Chad Korb
David Asche
Dave Peck
Sean Sullivan
Allen Philpot
Dave Sabby
Mike Surapine

Nothing will change until these over achievers are kept at arms length.

A completely fresh start is the answer. There is a huge amount of cash flowing into the NPA. We deserve Fair, Firm and Focused leadership.

There is no coincidence that we will continue to "take care of the boys" until a truly independent leadership is elected.

Just voted "HELL NO" on the T/A.

AP - Pack your bags pal...you're history. Go write your memoirs on how you catch more flies with honey than vinegar or some other mickey mouse defeatist nonsense.

Voting now extended until September 5th, due to the company not having "their package" completely signed and back to the NPA.

The changes they DID send back are all negative:

Removed definition of Tactical Reserve - now it's undefined except for the rules in Sec 5.

Door close re-defined as the LAST time the door closes, so if you close the door, have a ground stop, re-open the door to let them off, you don't get paid and the next time you close the door you still have the up to 5 min loss.

If they break LVI quarterly or yearly, they now only have to pay the pilots affected, not the whole pilot group. A substantial reduction in penalty for them running short-staffed.

Just 3 more reasons to vote NO.

No need for more money spent on stickers that say the same thing...

NO to the T.A.

NO to the NPA Leadership (and Yes to recall).

NO to the Company. No, you can't shove a concessionary contract down our throats. No, we won't sit back and take it. No, we're not going to "tweak" anything else.

Spread the word, ladies and gentlemen. Tell your CA's, your F/O's, your classmates in recurrent, your coworkers in the lounge: we're not gonna burn it down, but it's gonna get awfully hot while we turn up the HEAT...

Once the wheels move, the time begins and it's considered "block out". So you'd get paid under that circumstance for a gate return.

If you never left the gate and got a hold with the door closed ready to push or took a lengthy delay for a maintenance item before you actually started moving, and subsequently opened the door, even just for paperwork, you reset your time.

It's all moot; we're going to kill it anyway, but just one more thing to keep in the back of your head for the ways management keeps trying to hose you.

That's what has me upset: the complete lack of respect for their employees to try to get concessions in major areas when the company is at its most profitable and only getting better. Yes, our UNION should never have allowed it, and that's why we're recalling them, but the company shouldn't have even pushed that hard. Bad things happen when you try to hose your employees...

Simply unacceptable.

Last edited:
If you want to know more about how the "average day" works, just get a FA to show you their schedule. I really wanted to believe that the new rigs on the TA would help get more flight time with less hours away from home and the 717 pairings they ran as a test appeared to support that view.

Tonight I had dinner with my FO and 2 FAs and we started talking about the avg day issue and one of the FAs had her trip sheet with her. Lo and behold, day 1 was about 7 hours, day 2 and 3 were both 1 leg and day 4 was about 7 hours. Total credit less than 19 hours. That sealed it once and for all for me. All the talk about "a 13 hour duty day will allow the company to fly us more" is BS! FAs can be scheduled 14 hours so us giving in to 13 won't do nuthin' for improving trips.

This is a much bigger issue than core or door close. Average day will be HOURS lost, not minutes.

BUH-By.....

I can not believe Joe's audacity. The increase in offer to YX's buyout [lan would have paid for most of the increases your pilots are asking for. Then to plead "we" can't afford it. 41m profit in one quarter and your FO's aren't worth industry average pay scales, discusting. Go get'em guys.

DD

If you want to know more about how the "average day" works, just get a FA to show you their schedule. I really wanted to believe that the new rigs on the TA would help get more flight time with less hours away from home and the 717 pairings they ran as a test appeared to support that view.

Tonight I had dinner with my FO and 2 FAs and we started talking about the avg day issue and one of the FAs had her trip sheet with her. Lo and behold, day 1 was about 7 hours, day 2 and 3 were both 1 leg and day 4 was about 7 hours. Total credit less than 19 hours. That sealed it once and for all for me. All the talk about "a 13 hour duty day will allow the company to fly us more" is BS! FAs can be scheduled 14 hours so us giving in to 13 won't do nuthin' for improving trips.

This is a much bigger issue than core or door close. Average day will be HOURS lost, not minutes.

BUH-By.....

Well finally!!!! Glad to see you are off the fence!

Latest resources

Back