• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To potential AWAC new hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All this means is that the guys on the bottom of the list might get a little boned on ready reserve for the next couple months... we are still loosing 20 captains a month, and during the last 2 months I have not flown with a single captain that does not have his or her stuff in to the majors. Also, with frontier starting to hire again and Southwest hiring as many as they are, it would not suprise me to see addition classes before the end of the year, despite the INTERNAL company memo. If we get midwest flying, there is no way they cannot hire, unless they want this place to feel like it did last year this time, which was no fun for anyone... including management.

With 12-20 captains leaving every month, hiring will continue, even if it takes a 2 month break over the holidays.

We aren't losing that many a month. Evidently, according to a domicile manager, they are averaging single digit resignations over the past several months.

Wasn't AWACO from ACA/Indy? He must have meant this tongue in cheek as a 2 month delay of classes is nothing. Maybe we all need a sense of humor...? Mongo, we definitely are in the double digits per month in captains leaving. I had 13 people senior to me leave this month alone and I am well over halfway up the list.

THE SKY IS FALLING! OMFG NO NEWHIRE CLASSES UNTIL JANUARY!

Most CAs I've flown with upgraded (or could have) between 3-3.5 years. Yeah, thats a looooooooooong upgrade:rolleyes: No wonder you were banned from the forum...

With 12-20 captains leaving every month, hiring will continue, even if it takes a 2 month break over the holidays. If we get Midwest flying hiring will be for growth, if not it will be because of rapid attrition as people lose faith in mgmt.

I posted this to help ease the stress of those people who have interviewed in the near past for a job at awac. Yes I know of a few myself. Dont you remember how stressfull it was waiting for a call from your 1st FO job? Now they know they can at least relax untill the start of next year.

As far as attrition your and my perspective differ, sorry. Yes those junior cpts you have been flying with did upgrade at the 3yr tick. They were upper 1/2 FO list when the big moves took place so they benifited from the short period of super high attrition rates. As willy stands right now I dont see lots of movement. Many people have moved to the east coast and many have just began to accept thier commutes for what they are. Thiings have slowed down, face it. I can tell you in the past 12 month period I have moved about 100-125 slots, for a newhire today that would take about 4 years roughly to upgrade. Is that a LOOOOONG upgrade, not really but it isnt fast compared to some.

FYI I was never banned from the Airwilly forum, not sure why you think I was? I just choose not to use that website for my aviation humor of the day it too saturated with air wis people :)

Last edited:
Wasn't AWACO from ACA/Indy? He must have meant this tongue in cheek as a 2 month delay of classes is nothing. Maybe we all need a sense of humor...? Mongo, we definitely are in the double digits per month in captains leaving. I had 13 people senior to me leave this month alone and I am well over halfway up the list.
Then I was given bad info. Oops. Not the first time, likely not the last either. Here's to increased seniority.

Latest resources

Back