• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To potential AWAC new hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I was hired at AWAC I was told 2 1/2 to 3 years to upgrade. Either way will be mass movement. I we get the Midwest flying, we will need to hire to cover that flying. I we don't get it, you'll see a mass exodus as many won't stay citing the east coast commute and schedules. It's pretty sad to walk into the crewroom at 5AM and see the floors littered with air matresses and people sleeping on them as well.

I'm here to tell ya some of those F/A's could let out a howl'in fart or two while they were sleeping, did you see the size of some of those girls? What has happened to our industry?

Wow, we have some real winners here at AWAC. I also laugh at FO's who think they deserve a line after sitting on reserve for 3 months. Relax, it'll come.

It's sad hearing people complain so much about such petty things. If you aren't happy or want faster upgrades, then go fly for a crappy airline who wears their pretty windbreakers, or a company who turns their ID's backwards. The folks sitting RR won't mind you leaving. I also wouldn't complain to Capt's. Many of them were FO's for 8+ years.

There are MANY senior FO's who are passing up upgrades until we see what happens with our future contracts we are trying to secure.

Upgrades are currently around 3-3.5 years.

The batch of Captain upgrades starting next month have less than 3 years under thier belt so that still isn't bad.

AWAC have a history of never doing newhire classes over Christmas and New Year so there is nothing new here. They said they will still be conducting interviews over this period though for the new year, and if you believe the word out there that the Midwest deal is going to happen for sure then they need a pool to draw from. It's not all doom and gloom, just the December schedules!!

just the December schedules!!

Ugg... just looking at the trip pairings gives me chills. I saw one trip with 6legs,6legs,6legs,3legs.... and multiple with 7 leg phillys days, of course with the classic 7am show and 2150 end, with a 24 hour layover in east bumfuk for good show.

Latest resources

Back