Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BEXFlyer

Hey all,

Where do most people based at TEB live? I'm familiar with Northern NJ and know the housing market is crazy. Do you rent apartments? houses?......how far from the airport are you and how much are you paying for rent?

Thanks.

I live in richmond va. The area around teb is pretty crappy from what I see. Flying in/out of there I can see some nice neighborhoods that prob equate to 30-60 minutes drive time (with traffic). I'm sure it's pretty expensive though.. I couldn't see affording anything decent for starting f/o pay. just my opinion. I know some people who live in delaware and do a 2 hour commute.. Not much cheaper, but a nicer place to live..

Most of the TEB guys that I have talked to just drive there from somewhere else- usually at least a couple of hours away since that area is not so cheap and while the FO pay is much better than the regionals, it still doesn't cut it for that area. With a 7 and 7 schedule a long commute isn't so bad since it's only twice a month. Good luck wherever you decide to live.

All I know is that TEB is a SHI*HOLE!

I thought about TEB originally and was considering commuting in from CT. You can find some affordable condo living in the suburbs of Hartford. Then I really thought about it and decided if I am going to pay entirely to much to live somewhere then I might as well be warm while I do it. Long story short, PBI. I would recommend the same.

I know guys renting $900-$1200 a month apartments in Parsippany and Morris County. It's about a half hour West on 46. Not bad but not dream neiborhoods either. Out West in Warren, Morris and Sussex counties houses can be had in the $300's.

I know guys renting $900-$1200 a month apartments in Parsippany and Morris County. It's about a half hour West on 46. Not bad but not dream neiborhoods either. Out West in Warren, Morris and Sussex counties houses can be had in the $300's.

FU*K THAT! till this day I still dont know why anyone would want to live there. What a sh*thole

Consider living in Eastern PA right across the Delaware. House prices are and taxes are both much lower than in NJ. The drive to TEB is about 1:20, but at rush hour it can take 2 hours.

on a pilots salary, yea, it's a hell of a Sh*thole. I do know guys at the bigger operations making in the 100's that live ok.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back