• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To commute or Not

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I choose to commute because our domiciles either suck or are too expensive to consider as a first year FO wanted to stay relatively debt-free. The wife's job also played a role in that decision.

Commuting sucks and takes alot of time, but its nice to be somewhere affordable that you enjoy rather than being somewhere ridiculously overpriced you don't like.

I once swore I would never live in base and always commute., and... Dang! Even reverse psychology doesn't seem to work.

DFW-LGA commuter to bottom reserve with no end in sight.

Yo Sonny, I thought you scored DCA 737, watcha doing out of LA? Be kind to those SoCal boys!

I just finished six months of a 3 leg commute each way (fiance was finishing school when I got transferred)...and now I'm down to one leg and I'm excited as all heck...now If I could just get more then 8 days off a bid...Not sure the upgrade was worth it...

aa73 said:
I once swore I would never live in base and always commute., and... Dang! Even reverse psychology doesn't seem to work.

DFW-LGA commuter to bottom reserve with no end in sight.

Yo Sonny, I thought you scored DCA 737, watcha doing out of LA? Be kind to those SoCal boys!

I SCORED the B767...WIDEBODY BABY!

aa73 said:
YEEE-HAWW!

Now bite my Super 80 A$$!

I have some Left seat time in the -80. (Furlough time was well spent)

Headed to KOA tomorrow! Gotta love long haul....:}

I've done GRR-MKE and TOL-CVG. The airplanes were rarely full, but there weren't a lot of flights so I usually have to go in the night before (I'm on reserve) and sometimes have to stay an extra night. I don't regret commuting, but I don't know if I would do a two leg or Florida commute.

Commute in or out 2 days early/late a month each and that's almost an extra month a year on the road.

Latest resources

Back