• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To Brian Bedford...Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe you should look to your own pilot groups for selling out scope time and time again...

Where do you you think Republic got the hundreds of millions of dollars to buy Midwest and Frontier? Flying "regional" feed for UAL, DAL, CAL, USAIR, and AMR. Oops.

+10000 (Again)

You will never see a Major pilot take credit for screwing it all up. If they would have sucked up their pride and flown the damn jets. We would not be in this situation. Find a coffin with a Mirror in it boys, you killed the industry in the early 90's.

there once was a movie w/ Stallone called the "Cobra." A classic line in that movie took place over the grocery store P.A. where he told the thief..."You're the disease and I'm the cure." Well as of TODAY I'm calling in the Cobra.

Republic Airlines is now becoming a disease...I will not stand idly by and let you continue taking what is not yours. The flying you do is not yours. You don't own those routes the major airlines do. And I will make damn sure on our current upcoming contract we protect and take back our flying from your 145's and 170s. I'd rather strike and end it before I let you steal anymore. You pawned out Midwest and you just pawned out Frontier. To those highly experienced pilots all I can say is I'm sorry. Nothing like being replaced by inexperienced and underpaid workers to which I say strike and bring up your wages.

The line must be drawn here and we will not be assimilated. The eyes are now wide open and your dastardly intentions are now clear.

signed UAL, DAL, CAL, USAIR, AMR MAINLINE Pilots

Dont forget to add: UAL and DAL management on your letter but: They will write something to the effect of: We will not be giving you money for Republic to use so they can go buy bk companies and try to compete against us....and therefore your contract is TERMINATED.

Republic would not even exist without the MAJOR airline:...I highly doubt if UAL or DAL will enjoy seeing the money they pay Republic to be spent on digging themself into HUGE DEBT and purchase Frontier and Midwest.....they are about ready to hit a wall....and it will be felt by all of them.

Dont forget to add: UAL and DAL management on your letter but: They will write something to the effect of: We will not be giving you money for Republic to use so they can go buy bk companies and try to compete against us....and therefore your contract is TERMINATED.

Republic would not even exist without the MAJOR airline:...I highly doubt if UAL or DAL will enjoy seeing the money they pay Republic to be spent on digging themself into HUGE DEBT and purchase Frontier and Midwest.....they are about ready to hit a wall....and it will be felt by all of them.

Huge debt?!?!? The majority of the Midwest purchase is via RJET equity shares. How is that adding debt?

This is a pretty stupid post. You guys are to blame for all of this. We just play the game, we don't make the rules. You want us to replace your jobs for 23 bucks an hour fine by us....

Not surprising to hear this from a GoJet pilot.

Folks....Settle down...
The reason the regionals are where they are today is because the mainline guys gave it away for selfish reasons. Management promised them the world if they relaxed scope and they took it.
I would like to say that 80% of the regional guys would fly for a major if given a chance. The problem is that the majors won't hire unless you have gone through a regional, therefore compounding the problem. It's a never ending circle. But it all started when the mainline guys gave it away.
The Southwest guys are very aware of it all. They rejected their TA mainly because of scope clause, even though they were given a pay raise. It's nice to know that some people learned from other's mistakes.

Just my .02

You need to relax young man. Yuppy guppy does have a point. We need to stand for something or else we will continue to fall for anything

It is not surprising how the one "group" whored themselves out for short term gains thereby creating the market, then shout "whore" at the group that filled the seats in the market they created.

The more the bitter crop ripens, the louder they shout, yet it is they who sowed the seeds. They seem to forget that. People are funny that way.

If Bedford wants to buy 2 companies on the verge of LIQUIDATION he has every right to do so and do whatever he wants with the companies. Its called capitalism. If you don't like it, go out and raise millions of dollars of your own capital, buy Midwest and Frontier, and pay them the big money you "think they deserve" Let me know how that works out for you....

Latest resources

Back