To all you Peeved Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
I think you've seen "Catch Me if You Can" a few too many times. Where are all these chicks that "dig it?"
They used to be at the Officer's club at NAS Oceana.

Jet_Driver said:
I have got plenty of gripes myself. You've heard some of mine before, so I'll spare you.

I just want to remind you that you have a job. You didn't lose your life on 9/11 or in London on 7/7. You're putting money in the bank (even if it goes out the next day to pay bils), you're flying airplanes with a white shirt and tie (sometimes), you get to see the sunrise and sunset from FL200 through FL410 surrounded by colors more beautiful than Michalangelo could only dream of, you are the envy of so many people that look at you in your uniform in the airport, the chicks dig it (for some of you younger guys bragging at the bars on the overnights).

You worked your tail off and spent lots of money to get in that seat (most of you). You are doing what you always wanted to do. You only gripe to insult yourselves. Don't you have anything good to say? I'm just curious.

Before I got into the seat I'm flying I would hear guys gripe like this and I thought, the same thing I think now: If you don't like your job or what you're doing, you know where to go. Wal-Mart is always hiring, or maybe you could be the guy who dumps trash, or cleans up after your mess in the crew lounge while you are lounging around complaining about the job you have. I dare you to go and see how people in Haiti live and see if you have anything on their situation. I doubt it. Grow up and look at life through the eyes of reality. Did it ever occur to you that you have the ability to affect change around you? Or did it ever occur to you that your griping nature causes things to be worse for you than it could be?

I have four words for you: That's Life, tough it.

Did you almost get fired or something?

Jet_Driver said:
I have got plenty of gripes myself. You've heard some of mine before, so I'll spare you.

I just want to remind you that you have a job. You didn't lose your life on 9/11 or in London on 7/7. You're putting money in the bank (even if it goes out the next day to pay bils), you're flying airplanes with a white shirt and tie (sometimes), you get to see the sunrise and sunset from FL200 through FL410 surrounded by colors more beautiful than Michalangelo could only dream of, you are the envy of so many people that look at you in your uniform in the airport, the chicks dig it (for some of you younger guys bragging at the bars on the overnights).

You worked your tail off and spent lots of money to get in that seat (most of you). You are doing what you always wanted to do. You only gripe to insult yourselves. Don't you have anything good to say? I'm just curious.

Before I got into the seat I'm flying I would hear guys gripe like this and I thought, the same thing I think now: If you don't like your job or what you're doing, you know where to go. Wal-Mart is always hiring, or maybe you could be the guy who dumps trash, or cleans up after your mess in the crew lounge while you are lounging around complaining about the job you have. I dare you to go and see how people in Haiti live and see if you have anything on their situation. I doubt it. Grow up and look at life through the eyes of reality. Did it ever occur to you that you have the ability to affect change around you? Or did it ever occur to you that your griping nature causes things to be worse for you than it could be?

I have a few words for you as well my friend. Dont ever be on a contract negotiating committee for any airline! hahahahah

Jet_Driver said:

I unlike most of the people that responded agree with you. Very well said. People complain and thats just life, I think the peeved topic was made more to make fun of people and to not be taken seriously.......at least thats how I took it. Again though, I liked what you said.

Last edited:

Cosmo1999 said:
I have a few words for you as well my friend. Dont ever be on a contract negotiating committee for any airline! hahahahah

News Flash*** If he was on one he'd have to be elected into the union representation somehow...he doesn't magically appear.

"MMMMMMM beer", H.Simpson

tgz2 said:
News Flash*** If he was on one he'd have to be elected into the union representation somehow...he doesn't magically appear.

News Flash*** Members of the negotiating committee are not elected, they are chosen by the MEC.

Just remember that there's always someone who has it better than you, and there's always someone who has it worse. That being said, there's no reason why we can't work to make our lifestyle better, even though we have it very good compared to many others.

In terms of the complaining, when we get angry at something we have to let it out somehow before it kills us, and a semi-anonymous internet message board is as good a place as any.

Latest resources

Back