Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Driver

"There I was...."
I have got plenty of gripes myself. You've heard some of mine before, so I'll spare you.

I just want to remind you that you have a job. You didn't lose your life on 9/11 or in London on 7/7. You're putting money in the bank (even if it goes out the next day to pay bils), you're flying airplanes with a white shirt and tie (sometimes), you get to see the sunrise and sunset from FL200 through FL410 surrounded by colors more beautiful than Michalangelo could only dream of, you are the envy of so many people that look at you in your uniform in the airport, the chicks dig it (for some of you younger guys bragging at the bars on the overnights).

You worked your tail off and spent lots of money to get in that seat (most of you). You are doing what you always wanted to do. You only gripe to insult yourselves. Don't you have anything good to say? I'm just curious.

Before I got into the seat I'm flying I would hear guys gripe like this and I thought, the same thing I think now: If you don't like your job or what you're doing, you know where to go. Wal-Mart is always hiring, or maybe you could be the guy who dumps trash, or cleans up after your mess in the crew lounge while you are lounging around complaining about the job you have. I dare you to go and see how people in Haiti live and see if you have anything on their situation. I doubt it. Grow up and look at life through the eyes of reality. Did it ever occur to you that you have the ability to affect change around you? Or did it ever occur to you that your griping nature causes things to be worse for you than it could be?

I have four words for you: That's Life, tough it.

Good stuff,

You have a good attitude and I applaud you for that. Stay positive and good things can happen for us all.

Pet Peeve #4

Those who get on a high horse about this crap....Lighten up Francis...we're pilots...we're genetically wired this way....relax. Someone must have hit a nerve with some of the things on that thread.

By the way...I did lose two friends in the 9/11 attacks, my job, and a large sense of security...so don't preach to me like some sort of minstrel.

calm, cool, relaxed, and headed to work,
Mookie

Mookie said:
Pet Peeve #4

Those who get on a high horse about this crap....Lighten up Francis...we're pilots...we're genetically wired this way....relax. Someone must have hit a nerve with some of the things on that thread.

By the way...I did lose two friends in the 9/11 attacks, my job, and a large sense of security...so don't preach to me like some sort of minstrel.

calm, cool, relaxed, and headed to work,
Mookie

Yeah, what he said.

I'm pretty sure most of us were joking and having a good time about all this.....sure beats a lot of the crap that gets tossed around here....lighten up sport!!! go have a beer and brag to some bar hag about your wonderful life as a handsom, rich airline pilot.

Jet_Driver said:
Before I got into the seat I'm flying I would hear guys gripe like this and I thought, the same thing I think now: If you don't like your job or what you're doing, you know where to go. Wal-Mart is always hiring, or maybe you could be the guy who dumps trash... Did it ever occur to you that you have the ability to affect change around you? Or did it ever occur to you that your griping nature causes things to be worse for you than it could be?

I don't disagree at all, I think some in people in the industry (and life in general) just complain way too much. But if there is one thing I have learned is that you have to take it with a grain of salt. People have bad days and get frustrated sometimes, and that's ok. I like to avoid people that perpetually complain though. But fortunately most people aren't like that.

-Goose

Jet_Driver said:
you are the envy of so many people that look at you in your uniform in the airport, the chicks dig it (for some of you younger guys bragging at the bars on the overnights).

I think you've seen "Catch Me if You Can" a few too many times. Where are all these chicks that "dig it?"

This coming from someone who has "ORD Aviation God" on his profile.
Get over yourself. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back