• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To all People at Piedmont

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The US Airways guys were told sign or the planes go to Republic. Your MAX payscale on an E190 is 37 dollars an hour for FOs. Airways guys did what they had to do to recapture the flying. You RP guys are quick to blame the majors about scope relief, but never take into consideration that your pay scales are just as much to blame for flying being outsourced as the scope relief is. Wake up and take some responsibility. And yes, by flying a 50 seat jet I am part of the problem, recognize that you and your payrates are too.

Scope relief started this entire problem. If it were not for Scope relief NONE of us would be in this situation. Pay Rates and QOL would not be a problem. Because we would all be at the majors.
I don't care about people being told to sign or the planes will go elsewhere. Anyone of us could use that argument. Your management can come to you next week and say sign for a 5% pay-rate or we will have to shut down. I hope you would shut it down. Management I am sure came to RAH pilots prior to me getting here 5 years ago and said they same type of thing and they signed the deal for the promises of more jets. That is no different from what the airways guys did..... SO... Whats your point??

We can sit here and trade punches all day long, but when it comes down to it, everyone of us from the B747's pilots that sold they junior guys up the river to the regional pilots and management have played some part.

Rumor is Parker said they have found flying for the LGA planes (15). And we were told that Piedmont isn't going away. But remember this is from Management.

So hopefully it is true that the other 15 planes will stay here. I mean they are paid for and they could be used at a small cost to add frequency out of the main hubs of CLT or PHL.

But who really knows...

Unfortunately, according to the Crew News video from the PHX meeting, Piedmont IS losing more planes as a result of the LGA deal. (as in we should probablly stop letting our mgmt fill our heads with rumors & nonsense).

If you watch the video, Parker says in plain language that they are infact going to "get rid of" airplanes at PDT after LGA closes...he said it's, that's it, game over, lets move on. Unless someone legitemate comes forward with some new miraculous information, we should just forget about what the pions in pdt mgmnt say, cuz we already heard from a higher up source...it's squashed, imho

It's unfortunate, but we hae to realize that we get the shaft cuz we're the wholy-Owned, while the others are protected by their long-term contracts, so mainline has no choice but to reduce PDT even more, that simple.

Latest resources

Back