• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To all People at Piedmont

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I totally agree! And I remember telling ATC that we have the Fuker in sight! :) Jeez that made us laugh all the time.

Yep, 23.00 hr to fly a EMB 175 sounds about right...?
Until that stops its gonna be hard for anyone to fight for a good contract.

So we have Air Wisconsin and Piedmont teaming up on Republic. Guys give it a break, seriously. We are in negotiations as we speak. Try to encourage the RAH group, thats what we need. Thats if you truely care for this profession.

So we have Air Wisconsin and Piedmont teaming up on Republic. Guys give it a break, seriously. We are in negotiations as we speak. Try to encourage the RAH group, thats what we need. Thats if you truely care for this profession.

It's too late IMO. The damage to the regional industry pilots has already been done. RAH has proved that if a new pilot starts out and a respectable carrier they will get 0 career advancement. The only way to advance in a reasonable time frame is to go work for a bottom feeder. Get the quick upgrade and new big jets THEN get the money, but only after they climbed over everyone that stood up for good contracts years ago and got rewarded with a shrinking airline.

It's too late IMO. The damage to the regional industry pilots has already been done. RAH has proved that if a new pilot starts out and a respectable carrier they will get 0 career advancement. The only way to advance in a reasonable time frame is to go work for a bottom feeder. Get the quick upgrade and new big jets THEN get the money, but only after they climbed over everyone that stood up for good contracts years ago and got rewarded with a shrinking airline.

Sad but true, coming from a 5 year FO, stuck at one of the respectable carriers.

Enron and AIG were also respectable companies. What is your career advancement at a regional (I'm hoping it was to get to a major)? If it wasnt than I guess you got what you asked for. Own up to your own shortcomming and decisions and stop blaming others because your career didnt end up where you wanted it. All due respect I dont know you, what have you stood up for? What exactly did you personally do to make your company so high, mighty, and also stagnant? You didn't get rewarded with a shrinking airline, your reward was a choice to stay at one....

Last edited:
Enron and AIG were also respectable companies. What is your career advancement at a regional (I'm hoping it was to get to a major)? If it wasnt than I guess you got what you asked for. Own up to your own shortcomming and decisions and stop blaming others because your career didnt end up where you wanted it. All due respect I dont know you, what have you stood up for? What exactly did you personally do to make your company so high, mighty, and also stagnant? You didn't get rewarded with a shrinking airline, your reward was a choice to stay at one....

Robcat I hope you guys get a good contract. Mainly because its your flying that is making it harder for anyone to get a mainline job. The equipment you fly and routes are mainline at poverty wages. So if more of that flying takes mainline routes, it makes our journey to a major that much harder.
Good luck on your contract..... it will benefit all of us.

Have you seen the Us-Airways E190 pay rates lately???

It takes a lot of balls for a RP guy to talk crap about airways 190 scales. Why the hell do you think those rates were so low? Its because management said fly the 190 at these rates or those RP guys making crap rates are going to fly them. The airways guys took one for the team and signed those rates to stop the scope slide in its tracks. I am all for supporting your cause as you go through negotiations, but ignorant statements like yours need to be addressed.

Last edited:
It takes a lot of balls for a RP guy to talk crap about airways 190 scales. Why the hell do you think those rates were so low? Its because management said fly the 190 at these rates or those RP guys making crap rates are going to fly them. The airways guys took one for the team and signed those rates to stop the scope slide in its tracks. I am all for supporting your cause as you go through negotiations, but ignorant statements like yours need to be addressed.

No sir. I takes BALLZ to stand up to Management and not blame the Regional guys for what they signed. AND it takes BALLZ for the mainline guys to accept their part for voting away the scope and not flying those "Commuter Jets". Pride it a bltch! OH and BTW- You are flying a CRJ...Those should be at Mainline too.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back