• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To all People at Piedmont

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No sir. I takes BALLZ to stand up to Management and not blame the Regional guys for what they signed. AND it takes BALLZ for the mainline guys to accept their part for voting away the scope and not flying those "Commuter Jets". Pride it a bltch! OH and BTW- You are flying a CRJ...Those should be at Mainline too.
The US Airways guys were told sign or the planes go to Republic. Your MAX payscale on an E190 is 37 dollars an hour for FOs. Airways guys did what they had to do to recapture the flying. You RP guys are quick to blame the majors about scope relief, but never take into consideration that your pay scales are just as much to blame for flying being outsourced as the scope relief is. Wake up and take some responsibility. And yes, by flying a 50 seat jet I am part of the problem, recognize that you and your payrates are too.

No sir. I takes BALLZ to stand up to Management and not blame the Regional guys for what they signed. AND it takes BALLZ for the mainline guys to accept their part for voting away the scope and not flying those "Commuter Jets". Pride it a bltch! OH and BTW- You are flying a CRJ...Those should be at Mainline too.

Pride is a bitch, so is envy. So is shiny jet syndrome. The low-balling will continue to occur as long as the current rules are in place. The way things work in this industry today, any pilot looking out for his personal long-term interests will vote to undercut others if it means quick upgrade and medium-term employment. Its a system that reduces ticket prices, endangers passengers, and has helped ruin what was once a dignified profession.

While the East's pay rates on the 190 aren't spectacular, keeping those 190s on the mainline seniority list is one of the few things that has happened in this industry in the last 10 years that prevents mainline jobs from going to regional carriers. I hope they manage to hang on to them.

And FYI, there's only one T in 'Eating'.

Enron and AIG were also respectable companies. What is your career advancement at a regional (I'm hoping it was to get to a major)?

Of course, but I will not go to a regional where I qualify for food stamps just so I can hope to make it to a major one day, even though my food stamp flying is destroying the major jobs more every year. I made a decent wage my first year, and I have many work rule protections that the bottom feeders do not. I chose not to sell out just to fly a big shiny jet so my friends will think I'm cool.

Own up to your own shortcomming and decisions and stop blaming others because your career didnt end up where you wanted it.
My career is exactly where it needs to be. As a 3rd year F/O I realize I still have a lot to learn before I would be a good Captain. I can afford to stay an F/O because before I got here, the pilot group fought for somewhat respectable wages/work rules. I don't think pilots should spend 8 years as an FO making 40k, but thats what happens when flying gets shifted to bottom feeder airlines who's pilots fly 110 seats for 37 bucks an hour.

What exactly did you personally do to make your company so high, mighty, and also stagnant? You didn't get rewarded with a shrinking airline, your reward was a choice to stay at one....

That doesn't make any sense...my reward was my choice to stay at one?

Hell I've only been in the business 2 years but its blatently obvious why Colgan Mesa and Republic are the fastest growing regionals, and pretty much the only place to go for the "quick upgrade"....and its not because they have better customer service! It's all the dollars, and those airlines are the cheapest because their pilots don't care about the value of the services they provide.

The only thing I did to help my airline was refuse to apply to the bottom feeders when I was looking for a job. All the other frosted tip gel haired ******************************bags were frantically sending resume's to the airline with the "quick upgrade" instead of trying to make themselves a better pilot and professional. Oh yea, and they wanted a picture of themselves in the engines to put on myspace.

Doug Parker on the LGA slot transaction: "its a really tough thing to do for our Piedmont employees. We have to furlough a few hundred Piedmont Pilots which is not a decision we take lightly."

Source: Crew news CLT FA video on USWings. The last question about the slot transaction - very end of the video. Link

Doug Parker on the LGA slot transaction: "its a really tough thing to do for our Piedmont employees. We have to furlough a few hundred Piedmont Pilots which is not a decision we take lightly."

Source: Crew news CLT FA video on USWings. The last question about the slot transaction - very end of the video. Link

Holy $hit :puke:

Sorry dudes, you guys certainly don't deserve it.

300 furloughs are coming from piedmont ground handling..... So far it is unclear whether we will get enough flying elsewhere to prevent furloughs beyond the 60 this fall, due returning leased aircraft. I've recently heard "yes"...

Rumor is Parker said they have found flying for the LGA planes (15). And we were told that Piedmont isn't going away. But remember this is from Management.

So hopefully it is true that the other 15 planes will stay here. I mean they are paid for and they could be used at a small cost to add frequency out of the main hubs of CLT or PHL.

But who really knows...
A few other airlines were told the same thing. Skyway, Big Sky, UFIS and Chicago Express to name a few.

Your paying union dues, let them do your dirty work and you just fly the line.
ALPA do the dirty work? How dirty does it get on the golf course?
These individual pilots better speak up. ALPA MEC's have shown they have no spine when it comes to talking to management. Most MECs are in bed with management and ask as hard of a question as most "implants" at an Obama town hall meeting.

km4amu. You didn't want to go to a Bottom-Feeder that is why you may have a longer upgrade to get that PIC. That is your choice. I think that having a choice is a reward. Our peers that went to MAG, RAH, and Lakes 3 plus years ago upgraded, many of which are now at Cathay, Delta, CAL, AirTran, SWA you name it making more money flying a/c then you and I. So as you sit and beat your chest with pride, your peers are passing you up.

As an ex Monster this is tough to see. My gutt just hit the floor. Hang on guys and keep your heads up. It aint over yet.

Latest resources

Back