• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To all members in good standing of IBT Local 1108 that frequent Flightinfo.com:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I havent posted my opinion on this TA for two reasons..One I havent seen it and two I am no longer employed there so its not really my business. But I do have to say this. I had lunch with a ex flops friend thats furloughed the other day. He cant find a flying job anywhere. And hopes this TA will be a start at bringing him back..He would happily go back at his old wage. let alone a increase. Second I find it funny that b19 is posting about this TA the way he is. I am sure b19 AKA BT does not want this ratified. He will most likely be out of a job. I would vote to ratify just for that reason alone. Finally I am also sick of hearing the economy excuse like everyone else..But in reality anyone lucky to have a steady job in this econmy is just that LUCKY..Also. I have never been a big fan of some of Mats decision but he his posting here in his own name..Unlike b19 you or me..He is in a tough position. I wouldnt want to be in his job right now..So Mat I commend you for that and good luck...And Good luck to all the Flops pilots I hope you get a contract and I hope the economy recovers and we all prosper..

Now, go back to flying your airplane

You can't even cite a specific example on when you have been right. Seriously, give 1 example. I have proven you wrong and a liar at LEAST 5 times. Prove me wrong once.

Saying it is so over and over again only makes it true in your insignificant mind. I'm glad you realize how replaceable you are. Most managers feel they are the only thing keeping a company afloat, when in fact their departures are rarely even noticed by the employees or customers.

Here are three that I was right and one you were dead wrong. You're pitiful. Keep drinking that union koolaide.. You'll be just fine...

PREDICTION :

Packages only postponing the inevitable; Furloughs to come -08/10/09 :

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=1855674&postcount=47

03/11/2009 Fact: Uncle Warren creating stability over the union. We now know that's exactly what happened and was stated in the recent BH statement.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=1779420&postcount=283

You stating furloughs weren't going to happen 01/14/2009:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=1745953&postcount=38

My stating that the furloughs would be very deep at NJ when they happened 01/16/09: (500 is deep.. very deep)

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=1747268&postcount=42

I could continue, but proving you wrong isn't fair sport. It's sad you are so far off the mark and you have such a deep belief that you can't handle your own career without a union.

Now, go back to flying your airplane and I'll continue my best efforts to keep you and your overblown ego safe in spite of yourself.

Furloughs didn't happen until Jan 15. Who's dense now?

Here are three that I was right and one you were dead wrong. You're pitiful. Keep drinking that union koolaide.. You'll be just fine...

PREDICTION :

Packages only postponing the inevitable; Furloughs to come -08/10/09 :

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=1855674&postcount=47

And creating 6 more months of salaries for pilots created "turmoil" how???

03/11/2009 Fact: Uncle Warren creating stability over the union. We now know that's exactly what happened and was stated in the recent BH statement.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=1779420&postcount=283

You stating furloughs weren't going to happen 01/14/2009:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=1745953&postcount=38

That's not what I said. I said that AT THAT TIME management at NetJets had no immediate plans to furlough, had made no accouncement, or communique to the union. I'm glad you brought this one up though, because at this time NJASAP was already being prtoactive in creating the Furlough Working Group to help out pilots when the announcement came.

My stating that the furloughs would be very deep at NJ when they happened 01/16/09: (500 is deep.. very deep)

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=1747268&postcount=42

Seeing as how NetJets has more pilots than all the other fracs combined times 2, that is hardly clairvoyance.

I could continue, but proving you wrong isn't fair sport. It's sad you are so far off the mark and you have such a deep belief that you can't handle your own career without a union.

Now, go back to flying your airplane and I'll continue my best efforts to keep you and your overblown ego safe in spite of yourself. Your help isn't requested or desired. I'll be fine without you, just like NetJets will be fine without all of our upper level managers. Remember, you are completely replaceable.
In order to "prove" someone wrong, you must present HARD facts. For example, I proved you wrong when you said NetJEts would furlough by the end of 2009, when in fact the furlough didn't happen until 2010.

I appear to be hitting pretty close to home, you're getting ruffled under the feathers. When was the last time you logged anything again, non-pilot?

In order to "prove" someone wrong, you must present HARD facts. For example, I proved you wrong when you said NetJEts would furlough by the end of 2009, when in fact the furlough didn't happen until 2010.

I appear to be hitting pretty close to home, you're getting ruffled under the feathers. When was the last time you logged anything again, non-pilot?

My feathers aren't ruffled. You are the one that is trying to justify an expensive "industry leading" union contract in a company that has consistently been in the red. I'm the one pointing out time and time again that your union isn't living up to the promises of protecting your brethren.

To answer the other half of your question, the last time in my logbook was when I completed my bi-annual on October 17th, 2009. I told you.. I can't fly to make a living anymore.. doesn't mean I don't fly.

We are all replaceable fischman. But there are a lot more that do what you do than those that do what I do. I'm a lot harder to replace than you are. Working without a contract gives me peace of mind.

We are all replaceable

This is the first simple truth that I have read in this entire argument. Whether you like it or not, you both have far, far more in common than you disagree over. I'm not saying I'm not enjoying the battle. This has been good for at least three bags of popcorn, so far. But when you both (especially you, B19) fail to see that you are working toward the same goal from opposite directions, then you lose me. You lose both the argument, and the war. In other words, the only true way to win an argument is to first respect the other person's (or troll's) point of view. Otherwise, you will never convince them. That's just the way things are. I mean, just look at congress.
I know, this is all obvious. I just believe in middle ground. Call me an independent.

This is the first simple truth that I have read in this entire argument. Whether you like it or not, you both have far, far more in common than you disagree over. I'm not saying I'm not enjoying the battle. This has been good for at least three bags of popcorn, so far. But when you both (especially you, B19) fail to see that you are working toward the same goal from opposite directions, then you lose me. You lose both the argument, and the war. In other words, the only true way to win an argument is to first respect the other person's (or troll's) point of view. Otherwise, you will never convince them. That's just the way things are. I mean, just look at congress.
I know, this is all obvious. I just believe in middle ground. Call me an independent.

Very touching.......Now back to the Hammer and the AXE

Latest resources

Back