• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TMA News?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TransMeridian Airlines GroundedSeptember 30, 2005 - The last flight into Toledo was Thursday night, and now travelers are scrambling to find new flights.After two years providing service to and from Toledo Express Airport, TransMeridian Airlines has shut down completely. The entire airline stopped its flights at midnight, according to Brian Schwartz, public affairs director for the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority. Schwartz did not know why the airline was shutting down, but noticed high fuel prices have affected smaller carriers. TransMeridian began offering flights in and out of Toledo in September, 2003. It did end flights to Las Vegas back in January, but had continued to offer daily flights between Toledo and Orlando. Its departure follows ATA's decision to pull out in January. Toledo Express is now left with five carriers. "Hopefully we'll get someone in here soon to fill that hole because Orlando's a very popular destination from Toledo and TransMeridian was filling its planes, so there is an opportunity for an airline to fill that service right away if we can get them to get here," Schwartz said. TransMeridian had a 7:55 a.m. flight scheduled for Friday morning, and a number of passengers on that flight showed up at the airport, not knowing it had been cancelled. Passengers holding TransMeridian tickets can call the airline at (866) 435-9862.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=local&id=3491532

i flew on TMA as a passenger once. It was one of the best airline experiences I have had in years. I was so impressed. It makes me sad to see this airline shut down.

The interesting thing is that alot of you have said that alot of the EX TWA guys were working for TMA. It really showed by the excellent service that TMA gave to their passengers. (just like TWA did).

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Pace Airlines is jumping through hoops to operate the Vacation Express flights. They are already going to operate them out of Louisville and Cincinatti starting in Dec. Pace is based in Winston-Salem, NC and owned by Hooters of America.

http://flypace.com/

http://www.hootersair.com/

I heard NAA / World Airways Inc is looking at picking up the slack as they already do some of this work....Strange...several of the 757's TMA had were former National Airlines (LAS) acft they were former TWA acft...

I wish the group the best of luck, It would be a real plus for them to get on with the World Airways Family.......

2 hours ago on the Orlando News:

Transmeridian has stopped all service out of Orlando Sanford airport.

It appears they have ceased and have stranded all pax that held tickets.

I'm sorry. This sucks for those folks! I knew a few that had gone there after getting furloughed earlier this year from ATA. Two furloughs in a career are enough, let alone two in a year...

From TMA's website:

TransMeridian Airlines Shuts down All Operations and will File for Protection Under Section 7 of the US Bankruptcy Code

Lithia Springs , GA. , September 29, 2005 - Today TransMeridian Airlines announced the shut down of all flight operations effective immediately. The Atlanta based supplemental carrier was unsuccessful in negotiations to restructure its debt.

All flight operations have been terminated. Passengers who purchased tickets on cancelled flights should contact their travel agent or credit card company.

Since its founding in 1995, TransMeridian has carried more than a million passengers to more than 150 destinations within the United States , Mexico , South America and the Caribbean . The management of TransMeridian would like to thank all of its customers for their patronage and continued support over the years.

The airline is now working on efforts to assist employees affected by the shutdown. Airline officials expressed their sincere gratitude to their hundreds of dedicated workers who served the charter airline.

Passengers seeking more information can contact the company by email at [email protected]
For media requests, contact:
Frank Fraboni
Communications Director
TransMeridian Airlines
404-915-9967

From Transmeridian's website, they will be filing for Chapter 7 in the next few days.

Does anybody know the process, as in, does it go straight through the courts or are outside entities allowed to bid on the assets?

Latest resources

Back