Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Stanky

Pay me what you used to.
I'm not sure if this is the right place to start this thread but, I figure that a lot of ex-major guys are working for TMA so I thougt I'd give it a shot.

Anyone know what's going on there lately? I was just talking to a friend of mine from Orlando and she told me that she heard that they weren't going to operate tomorrow or perhaps ever. I sure hope that's not true. I know there were some money troubles of late, but they're keeping a lot of good guys off the street.

Best of luck, I'll cross my fingers for ya'll.

I asked the very same question a few weeks ago, but it was lost in the shuffle. I have heard they are skating on very, very thin ice with their investors, and with little time to play around, the board just may decide to get what they can.

The pilots are ALWAYS the last to know.

Strange, yesterday, I got a read receipt from an email I had sent the SOC manager at the time, Ed R. regarding a dispatch position.....I guess it's never to late to read your emails....My email was dated Feb 4 2004!!!!...

I have not heard mush good coming out ot Georgia about TMA...I wish you guys the best...

Has there been any rumor/discussion about possible entities interested in buying them? Sort of a World/North American deal?

SFB @ 2200 on 9/29/05

TMA has shut down and the last flight from SFB was allowed to leave with PAXs. I don't know the details, but just talk to some of the personnel in the office and they are shut down.

I hate to see this sort of thing. I know there are a number of former TWA and other pilots from other majors on furlough working there as well.

I wish them all the best!

magrs said:
Has there been any rumor/discussion about possible entities interested in buying them? Sort of a World/North American deal?

Yes...anything is possible in aviation these days.

Well.....

That sucks.

I would imagine that somebody would be grabbing the Vacation Express contract that TMA had in SFB. Hopefully the employees can jump onboard with whoever that is.

Good luck everybody.

Very sad, i work with TMA at RFD and know a lot of the ground workers/pilots/FA's/and MX people. It sucks bad, there are at lot of Ex TWA guys there that i feel really bad for, well i feel bad for them all but you get what im sayin. I recieved a fax that there contracting fueling company has cancelled all fueling rights to them. Im great friends the the mx guys their and its sad to see them without work. I believe they had 5 or 6 757's and about the same amount of MD-80's.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back