• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Titanic watch by US News & World Report

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mine's a pint of Boddington's or Tetley from my homeland or Wexford Irish Cream Ale.

Cheers

another ale I had a couple of years ago, but can't seem to find lately....think it was called Abbey Ale(sp??)...great stuff! :beer:

Last edited:
I make a wicked good blueberry wheat, been doing it 3-4 years now!!
Yummmm.
If it's an extract recipe, can you PM it to me? I tried one a while back and it was the only beer I brewed I simply could not drink. Not sure what I did wrong but I have been reticent to try it again. Thanks.

New Belguim make an "Abbey" which is quite tastey. ON another note a good "lawn mower" beer (great after you mow the lawn) is Charles Wells Banana Bread Beer. The Winking Lizard in CLE serves it.

New Belguim make an "Abbey" which is quite tastey. ON another note a good "lawn mower" beer (great after you mow the lawn) is Charles Wells Banana Bread Beer. The Winking Lizard in CLE serves it.

The Abbey I remember was from Ireland or Britain, packaged as 4 tall cans, and picturing a Cardinal or Pope on the can....really miss it. ;)

I am a big fan of Belgian style ales. Spicy with kind of a sweet aftertaste. Is it possible to home brew that style?

Go to northernbrewer.com and check out their beer kits, extract for the beginner is easiest. They have an entire section of Belgian Ales. I recommend their Phat Tyre ( a copy of fat tire from new belgium brewing) OUTSTANDING !!

The dude in their shipping department must never sleep because the delivery time is incredible. Go for the Wyeast liquid for best results.

I have been brewing this stuff constantly cant keep it in the house

I wish those World News guys would write a report about Airtran every week. Since their report last Tuesday, AAI has gone from $3.10/share to $4.40/share. Not bad for 6 trading days.

cpberry, congratulations sir! What you have done is hijack a flight to Kinshasa and taken it to Barbados!!

I did a little home brewing about 9 years ago with another airline buddy. The first two batches were lumpy and vile, but after that it got pretty good. We did a Pilsner, a Brown Ale, an American Lager, and a Stout that I recall being very good.

As for the prepackaged stuff....I like Boddingtons, Tetleys, Newcastle (my home town), Stella, and Yueingling here in the colonies. Back at home I like a pint of John Smith's or Black Sheep Bitter.

I wish those World News guys would write a report about Airtran every week. Since their report last Tuesday, AAI has gone from $3.10/share to $4.40/share. Not bad for 6 trading days.

Dude????

WTF is airline talk doing in a beer thread???

Latest resources

Back